Well 1st of all I am on prepaid. Didn't plan on using the Browser or ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987

BB has no Service Books

Advertisement

Well 1st of all I am on prepaid. Didn't plan on using the Browser or any internet related features till I switched to a postpaid plan. However I tried to use the browser today and got a msg saying "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries"

Then said I should contact my provider. I tried Registering in HRT Editor. That did nothing. Any suggestions as to how to get the proper configuration so that my Browser and also IM capabilities can work?

Thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    I am not sure about prepay accounts...but you can push your service books by way of your "personal email account icon" on your bb, thru your BIS account online, or by calling your carrier and asking them to send service books.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    yes but he cant use is BB to get there. go to you blackberry bis account and log in on your computer and send them that way. let me know how that works

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    nope i missed the memo

im off today ha

Amahk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242B3987
    Well when I 1st came on these boards I didn't even bother to try to setup the browser since I had done some reading and I Figured you needed a BIS account. However after reading a thread this weekend about a guy with prepaid that said he was trying to setup Enterprise Server on his PC because he said browsing on his BB was too expensive I figured it was possible heh.

mthoma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4011ABC8

replacement blackberry came w/o service books! please help me.

my new bb came yesterday and has no service books. I do not even have service to send them OTA. So I read that you can send them thru the desktop manager. But I am finding it hard to find out how to do that? Could anyone tell me where I can download service books and install them via the desktop manager? Or Send me an .idp file so i can have the service books installeD? mthoma@bgsu.edu Thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    mthoma, Welcome to PinStack.

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan associated with your account? That is the first step. I'm not sure of the procedure for sending service books with Nextel, but there should be away. Someone with more experience on Nextel should be along shortly to help.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Helo mthoma, welcome to pinstack.

There are many ways to send service books to your BB, but the most important thing is make sure you have a data plan first.

Log into nextel.blackberry.com and you will see service books, click on that and choose send service books.

Let us know if you need further help.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Make it simple for 'em, No Data Plan= No Service Books + No Browser, I'm or MMS.

So, if you have prepaid, then that also means that you cannot have a data plan (see above equation,) you can only have a data plan on post paid service.

Don't let anyone lead you to believe otherwise, they're only going to confuse you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~