Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo also - check your TCP settings options>advanced options>tcp it should be: ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: bb 7130a, cingular, questions about mms and sms

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    also - check your TCP settings
    options>advanced options>tcp
    it should be:
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password for APN: cingular1
    Greetings cherrichiodo,

Until I read your post here about TCP settings I had not checked mine. Perhaps this is why I could not get Opera to work on my 8700c. It has the standard BB browser and that works just fine. In fact the entire device has been working just fine.

I just checked the fields for APN:, Username for APN and Password for APN and they are Blank? I was shocked and wondering how this happened. My 8700c is new and I have not made any mods or downloaded anything other than Opera Mini ver 3.0 today. It downloaded fine but would not connect to the net. So I just deleted it.

Then just for kicks I checked my other new BB which is a 7130c and it has the fields completed with the info above that you list.

So I will enter the correct info into the APN fields of my 8700c. Once done, so you think Opera mini will work if I download and install it again?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hi archer!
    yes, i do think that opera mini will work after you input those fields.
    i dunno what difference it really makes. some things work without the settings, but i think its just a tweak...
    i do know that once you upgrade your firmware/OS you will have to re-enter the settings....at least i always do!

keola no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys/girls! i just got off the phone with cingular... apparently, when they put the blackberry service, they also removed my text messaging... all of it, even pay per message.. anyway, it's back on, and all is well! thanks a lot for all your help....

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    hi archer!
    yes, i do think that opera mini will work after you input those fields.
    i dunno what difference it really makes. some things work without the settings, but i think its just a tweak...
    i do know that once you upgrade your firmware/OS you will have to re-enter the settings....at least i always do!
    Thanks for your fast reponse!
    While waiting I did enter the info and downloaded Opera Mini and it's working perfectly.
    Since my 8700c is so new, the os is the latest (I checked) and I have not had a single problem. One upgrade I have done, however is to go to the RIM site and download desktop manager 4.2, mine came with a disc that had 4.1 and I did have some problems with Outlook Sync. Once I did the 4.2 upgrade, now everything is really fast and reliable.

Thanks Again for your courtesy, helpfulness and fast response.
    Cheers....

Quote Originally Posted by keola
    hey guys/girls! i just got off the phone with cingular... apparently, when they put the blackberry service, they also removed my text messaging... all of it, even pay per message.. anyway, it's back on, and all is well! thanks a lot for all your help....
    Ironically they did the same thing to me. I spoke to a supervisor and they are supposed to explain to you that when you switch from a regular data plan or no plan, just add BIS it does not include text messaging.

What was rather irritating for me, is when I added the BIS plan upon purchasing my BB from them, I specifically said that I wanted no change to my plan other than to add BIS. Then I said, so be sure I still have the same air time, the same text messages etc. Still they got it wrong.

I'm sorry that I forgot about that, as it was the same problem you were having, so much for my memory?!.....good thing I put almost all my notes in my laptop.

Cheers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12