Hi all, I have to reset my BB 7100V becasue is a second-hand phone , ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

riva11 no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 7100V, upload firmware

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I have to reset my BB 7100V becasue is a second-hand phone , so I'd like to to upload the original firmware.

I' tried to looking for the latest frimware on the Vodafone UK website but without any success....

Please can you say where I can locate it and How to upload on my phone.

Thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BB 7100V, upload firmware

First, check your handheld. From the main screen go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> About. If the third line down says v4.1.0.292 (Platform 1.8.0.144) you already have the latest version firmware and only need to wipe the device.

To wipe the device, from the main screen go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Security Options --> General Settings. Click the wheel and select Wipe Handheld. You'll be given a warning - click Continue. You will then be asked to enter blackberry. Type blackberry and hit [Enter] and all existing data will be wiped from the device.

If you need to install the firmware, go here and download and install Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager - either English or Multilanguage (Media Manager won't work with the 7100), then go here and download and install BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.314 (Multilanguage). Check here for some tips on installing Desktop Manager.

Once you've done both installations, plug in your device, and once detected it will ask if you want to upgrade the OS. Hit the [Advanced] button and select to NOT backup and restore to wipe everything (including any installed 3rd party applications) from the device. If there are third party applications you want to retain, let it backup/restore.

NOTE: The 7100 is a very slow device. Without the Backup/Restore it can take almost an hour - a lot of that time waiting for the device to reboot. It is VERY SLOW in rebooting - be patient! Do NOT unplug the device! With a Backup/Restore it will take closer to two hours.

Good luck!
    JerryD

Thanks for your fantastic help!
    I've jst finished to upload the firmware and works really well.

The only thing that I have is a password required by the BB7100v.

I am not able to change in any way...

do you have an idea how to remove this password '

In the security settings I don't have in the menu the command remove password and seems to be applied some policy.

Quote Originally Posted by riva11
    Thanks for your fantastic help!
    I've jst finished to upload the firmware and works really well.

The only thing that I have is a password required by the BB7100v.

I am not able to change in any way...

do you have an idea how to remove this password '

In the security settings I don't have in the menu the command remove password and seems to be applied some policy.
    I assume that you have a password that you already know, but are unable to disable it? If so, you just need to remove the IT policy. Follow these instructions: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

yes, of course I know the password, this phone was owned by a company but they didn't get reset this pwd...

Regards

I confirm that this procedure reset the password

Many Thanks Mark Stone and jdellasala for your help !

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

Will this OS work for a 7250? If not, where can I found ab update?
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zocster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

hi folks, I have an older style phone imported from the states, I am trying to find the latest version of firmware, but can not. Does anyone know where I can get BlackBerry_7100t_7105t_4.1.0.309.exe from or would the latest firmware for 7100V work on my older phone?