Hi everybody, I am a Cingular customer and I have been using a Sony Ericson ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

titsataki no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 7100t with Cingular compatability

Advertisement

Hi everybody,

I am a Cingular customer and I have been using a Sony Ericson W600i. But I decided to try a BB so I went ahead and purchased a 7100 on ebay. It is unlocked. The auction was for a 7100i (Cingular)but the pic was for a 7100t (T Mobile). Well I opened up the box and the phone is new not used but it is TMobile phone (screen, brand ont he device starting screen etc..). So I slip in my cingular chip and the phone had no initial problem. It connected to Cingular's network and it seems to be working fine.

Questions. When I turn the device on it connects to the Cingular network but it says data request denied. I think after a while it goes away. No idea what it means. Then when I go to browser well there is none there. It says contact your provider. Is it Cingular which does not know I now have a BB 7100. Also I was not able to install version 4.1 and 4.2 desktop apps and they connected to the BB but stated that they do not have any software for my device. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: BB 7100t with Cingular compatability

it doesn't sound like you have a data plan. it will say "data connection refused" without a data plan. you will also need the data plan to invoke the browser icon...by registering the handheld and sending service books.
    not sure on the version(s) of desktop manager and device OS you need. hopefully someone else can answer that part of your question.

well I had a data plan on my previous phone. I had no problem opening a browser. Do I need to upgrade the device software?

Thanks for the input.

Nick

PIN/ID
    ATA

Nick, your data plan on your Sony won't be any help for the BB. You will need to call Cingular and sign up for the *recommended* unlimited BIS Plan for $29.99 a month with qualifying voice plan (i sound like a commercial). Also alert them to your new device too. Then go to the cingular BIS site and set up your account. If you need anymore help, let me know.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

for updated device software...
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

I called cingular and the unlimited plan is like 44.95 and a 4mb is 34.95. They do not see a 29.99 plan. I am going to go for the 44.95 and see how that goes.

I will update as I work this thing out.

Thanks for all the input.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    Nick, your data plan on your Sony won't be any help for the BB. You will need to call Cingular and sign up for the *recommended* unlimited BIS Plan for $29.99 a month with qualifying voice plan (i sound like a commercial). Also alert them to your new device too. Then go to the cingular BIS site and set up your account. If you need anymore help, let me know.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

for updated device software...
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

PIN/ID
    ATA

Nick, I hate to say this, but call Cingular back. The CSR that you talked to didn't know what he/she was talking about. It is called the Blackberry BIS unlimited plan and it should be listed as $34.99 (but with a qualifying voice plan, it will be $29.99) They are trying to put you on a BES plan - unless you plan to use this, possibly at work? If you are using your BB for personal use and do not plan to have the Enterprise Server activated, then the $29.99 is perfect and ideal for you.
    Good luck!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dpwaters72, Welcome to PinStack.

Cherri is correct in all points. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

nope I am not going to use it for work.

I will call back and talk to them.

Thanks

Nick

focused8 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have pretty much the exact issue. I just got a new unlocked 7100t and im looking for the best data package for internet and texting. I was told that the onl unlimited internet was 40 a month and the text package would b another 20 on top of the that. ill b checkin back for some results

PIN/ID
    ATA

well be sure that you are telling them you want the "Blackberry Unlimited BIS Plan" its on their website under BB plans...might be for $34.95 but I am almost POSITIVE I saw it again today listed as $29.95 because I was looking at all the new Pearl stuff...sometimes you get a REP that knows what they are talking about, sometimes you don't...
    i called the other day to change some of the texting packages around and what do they do, they *kill* SMS completely on mine and my hubby's phone...not exactly what i wanted!!!