Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When i power the BB 7100g it connects (gprs) itself to BlackBerry , so i ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

tottym no está en línea Stack level 1

Post bb7100g gprs

Advertisement

When i power the BB 7100g it connects (gprs) itself to BlackBerry , so i always pay the connection. I' m interested only to phone , receive telephone calling , to send and receive SMS, like a normal mobile phone (gsm). Can you help me , please?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: bb7100g gprs

Do you have a data plan connected to your device, or are you using a prepaid card?

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Do you have a data plan connected to your device, or are you using a prepaid card?

I'm using a prepaid card (tim)

Quote Originally Posted by tottym
    I'm using a prepaid card (tim)
    NOBODY HELPS ME?

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

dude if u have been in my country <india> i would ask u , to call ur customer care and deacticate ur interconnection, if u dont want to use, and as u say it cost every time u login in ur mobile then , ther must be some background running pplicatin which connects internet connection, so try them , may b works in ur country either

Question Re: bb7100g gprs

Thank you all for your help. I'm in Italy and have a prepaid TIM card. I've contacted TIM and they say that this device will ALWAYS connect to GPRS and there's no way to stop it from doing so. Can this be true?

Does anyone know of any way to stop the BB7100g from connecting to GPRS every time I turn it on? All I want to use it for is to make and receive phone calls and SMS messages. I do not want to send or receive email with this phone.

Thanks again for any help you can offer -

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It's going to connect to GPRS regardless of whether or not you have a data plan. There has to be some application causing the GPS to start up. The only way to stop it may be go through your applications and see which one is causing this, and delete it. Not sure if this will totally get rid of the problem.

Thank you very much for your reply - are you saying that you know for a fact that the BB7100g can be unconnected from this service? TIM here in Italy says that all Blackberrys always connect to a GPRS service and it cannot be changed. I'm trying to find out if this is true or not. If I know that the BB can be powered up WITHOUT connecting to GPRS I'll find out how - but I wonder if I'm just spinning my wheels....

Thanks again -

It is going to connect unless you don't have the data plan and/or you don't have a SIM card in it. I can't connect my 7100t to a network because the SIM card is in my 7105t.

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

Post Re: bb7100g gprs

Thank you very much for your reply - are you saying that you know for a fact that the BB7100g can be unconnected from this service? TIM here in Italy says that all Blackberrys always connect to a GPRS service and it cannot be changed. I'm trying to find out if this is true or not. If I know that the BB can be powered up WITHOUT connecting to GPRS I'll find out how - but I wonder if I'm just spinning my wheels....

Thanks again -
    3 services
    1.gsm
    2.gprs
    3.GPRS
    the first two services dont req a data connection
    but when u get GPRS it says ur data connection ,
    as TIM in italy says , that it connect with out GPRs ,then its false , coz bb connects to phone services without any data connnection and shows two msges gms and gprs<in small letters>, u can then but cannot connect internet

Xaurav - Yaar - bahout dhanyavar!

Okay I undersatnd about the GSM/gprs/GPRS difference - I have verified that it connects to GPRS, not gprs. Do you know how I can stop it from connecting to GPRS while still retaining the ability to make/receive phone calls and SMS messages?? I need TIM for that, I presume, but I do not want to connect to GPRS as it is cost prohibitive here in Italy.

Thanks again -

TottyM

I am reading my manual that I got when I got my phone. It says that "gprs" will display when you are on a call. However, you must have a SIM card in to do this. If you don't want internet, don't sign up for an internet package. I can't find anything that says you cannot stop it from connecting to GPRS.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I really don't think you can stop it from connecting. If you are wanting something for just phone and sms, then you have the wrong device. I honestly do not believe there is a way to stop it from connecting to GPRS. Sorry.

Thanks John.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

When i power the BB 7100g it connects (gprs) itself to BlackBerry , so i always pay the connection. I' m interested only to phone , receive telephone calling , to send and receive SMS, like a normal mobile phone (gsm). Can you help me , please?
    Call your provider and as them to remove data provisioning from your SIM. If it connects to gprs and not GPRS in caps then you won't be paying for anything since data cannot download via 'gprs' aka. Sleeping data. There but you can't use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast