Ok so I have a 7100g new and improved with OS 4.1 but the problem ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Bad DNS Address

Advertisement

Ok so I have a 7100g new and improved with OS 4.1 but the problem I am writing about actually has existed both on OS 4.0 and 4.1 alike. I cannot get Ramble IM, Piconews, or the stocks/weather portion of BBToday to work. It comes back with the error bad DNS Address everytime for all of them. I have verified my APN with my provider and am sure that is correct. Someone has tried to tell me you have to be BES or subscribe to a BES like service for $10/mo or so for these to work, but I just refuse to believe that. Any help would be hot. Thanks a ton!!!

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Bad DNS Address

Go to options... advanced options... tcp and set your APN there....

You are right you don't need BES

PIN/ID
    Ask

I have done that, that is what I meant by I have verified my APN with my provider. I am sure what I set under TCP is correct. Prior to my doing that it would give the error "invalid string", but now since I have set the APN correctly (at least according to my coworkers per i work for my provider) it says "Bad DNS Address"....

Thanks anyway though!!!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

Who's your carrier Cingular? If so there's about 3 possible tcp settings. Search cingular APN in this forum and your find a carrier tcp / apn settings lists. You can try all three good luck!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

Try these:

http://wap.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=360

PIN/ID
    Ask

Well I have tried those in the past, they never worked. I do use Cingular service, in that I am roaming on their towers here at my home. I have service with another provider however. =( So I have checked with them, (I work there.) and of course I have my APN settings correct.

I doubt I will ever make it work to be honest. I just figured it is worth a shot to ask.

bloodraven no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202FEB30

I am having a similar problem. Mine says Invalid string: Bad ONS Address....I am using Ramble on a 7290 with OS 4.1 and my carrier is Suncom

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Dumb question, but is your 7100G new or used. If it was on a BES prior there may be a security policy on it that only allows internet thru the BES.

ngubler no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Re: Bad DNS Address

Yeah, I get that "Bad DNS connection" but on bb corrector. Let me know if someone has a solution.

Sno_x_fan1326 no está en línea Stack level 1

I keep having problems with my opera mini. It always has problems connect...atleast once a day. I tried to delete cookies like someone stated above and it then says bad DNS address. I have no idea how i can make my Opera work! I have a new 8130 Pearl from Verizon. I havent updated anything ie. OS, TCP. What can i do to make it work?!?! PLZ help!