Just recently I've had an issue with the timer on the backlight, maybe it's not ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

Backlight doesn't turn off

Advertisement

Just recently I've had an issue with the timer on the backlight, maybe it's not the timer, but something weird is happening and neither device that I have will turn off the backlight for more than a few seconds. Both devices are set to have the backlight go off at 20 seconds and it takes a little longer, but then the light comes right back on a second or two later. Any ideas? I've tried, pulling the batteries, wiping the handhelds, restoring an earlier backup and putting everything back on from scratch.

BBPeruMaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe is a OS problem, for some reason, the backlight settings doesn't work, well normally a hard reset (pulling the battery) is a quick solution but not in this case. so there is another solution. a Reflash (or reinstall the OS), you have to deliver your Blackberry device to your carrier's technical service dpt, requesting that workaround.

important! - that workaround will erase all your information and applications previuosly installed.

G L!

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request
    Thank you for the response, found the answer, had to reinstall the 4.1 software (repair) connect device to desktop, open application loader and uncheck everything that I could, let phone reset and come back up, open application loader again and recheck all that was checked before, once phone came back up dial *228 option #1, all is well....... Just weird

jpvaz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Backlight doesn't turn off

Hi.

I had the same problem. Got my 1st BB yesterday (got it on ebay) and i had the same problem... Downloaded the latest version available of the software, updated the phone software (the Reflash that you talk about) and everything is ok now

I'm glad i found this forum whyle browsing for a solution... Tkz for all you're help guys!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Backlight doesn't turn off

jpvaz, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles