I tried searching but could not find a thread about this although I am sure ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

Appointments don't pop up 7130e

Advertisement

I tried searching but could not find a thread about this although I am sure they are out there.
    On my BB I have bdays and other appointments which no longer pop up when their time comes. When I open up the day, they are their with bell icon. The BB makes a notification noise but the description of why it is making the noise is non existent. So if I don't happen to hear it, I don't get a visual reminder. I used to get both and I can't figure out what happened. If anyone can point me to an existing thread or make a comment that would be great. thanks in advance.

Dispatcher35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400f6810

Re: Appointments don't pop up 7130e

What version of Office are you using.

I had the same problem after I switched from my laptop with Office 2003 to my destop with Office 2007. I tried removing all the apointments with BB Desktop and still had no luck. Even called both BB and Nextel and neither one had the answer.

As it so happens I had to wipe and reload the OS on my 7100i for another reason and now everything seems to work fine.
    Mikey P
    Marlborough, MA

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Same thing has happened to me before.

I would suggest open the event that doesnt pop up and compare the settings to that of an event that does pop up.

PIN/ID
    400f6810

Chris -

When it happened to me I couldn't get any events to pop up. I tried events that had been synced from Office and also events that I added directly into my BB without syncing the unit.

Mike
    Mikey P
    Marlborough, MA

dkennedy no está en línea Stack level 1

I had a similar issue with my Verizon 7130e when I upgraded to Outlook 2007. I resolved it by upgrading the BB OS to OS v4.1.0.384 Platform 2.2.0.182 from Sprint.

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

I have office 2007 on my laptop and office 2000 on my desktop. Nothing pops up anymore on the BB. They do pop up in outlook though, but it does not help me on the road. I would hate to have to wipe the OS, but will do it if thats the only way. The other option is to just wait for the VZW Pearl! Thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    400f6810

I think I found the cause of the problem! Everything was working fine until I installed a custom theme from *****.

I remember many moons ago having a problem with the 4.1 OS and certin themes. Maybe CP or SRL can shead some light on it.

Mike
    Mikey P
    Marlborough, MA

PIN/ID
    3179D82A

I just pulled the battery. When it powered back up, it started working again.