Here is my quote from Sept of 2007: Today I received a 7290, purchased on ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Another Record Attempt!!!

Advertisement

Here is my quote from Sept of 2007:
    Today I received a 7290, purchased on Ebay from the State of Utah, it was auction 140151009220. (copy and paste the auction number into the Ebay search field to look at it --) The package sat unopened until 9:45pm tonight (my time). I opened the box, put the battery in the new 7290 and let it cold boot. I removed the password (typed in an incorrect one ten times), it wiped itself, and it reboot again. I checked for an IT policy on the Security screen, found one, and removed it. I then upgraded the OS from 4.0 to 4.1.0.377, uninstalled Help, the Browser, DOD Root Certs, Brickbreaker, and Tasks; and installed Plazmic Theme Reader, two Plazmic themes, and the free version of Ascendo Photos. It subjected itself to about a four minute cold boot. Then, using DM, I transfered all my data from another 7290. I shut the unit off, pulled the battery, installed my SIM and restarted the device. After it started and found the network, I used it to call my voicemail and fire off a couple of SMS messages to my kids -- at 10:17pm. 32 Minutes from Box to Use!! A NEW EBAY PERSONAL BEST!!!
    I bought a 7290 on Ebay a month or two ago and thought I would have a chance to shatter my own record, but it came with no password/no IT policy/latest OS so all I had to do was load the SIM. Well, I just completed purchase of a used 7105t a couple of minutes ago on Ebay - should arrive Tue or Wed this week - and hopefully it will be encumbered with a password, IT policy, ancient OS so I can try to break the 30-Minute barrier!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good luck Mark, man I thought I had it bad.........LOL

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Well, I just completed purchase of a used 7105t a couple of minutes ago on Ebay - should arrive Tue or Wed this week - and hopefully it will be encumbered with a password, IT policy, ancient OS so I can try to break the 30-Minute barrier!!!
    If you're not going to keep that one, I would love to have it LOL

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Erica, I think you are in love

LOL Maybe but I actually miss that one

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    LOL Maybe but I actually miss that one
    Out of all my berrys, the 7105 is really the only one I "miss" when I move on . . . but this one may have a secondary purpose: and that is to get my fingers used to SureType in preparation for my KickStart!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BlackBerry 8300 (wap.pinstack.com)~wow Mark that's incredible. If you break your record that would be amazing!!

xingke no está en línea Stack level 1
    My English is very bad, I spoke Chinese!

这里不是说的7100系的吗? 你干吗,在说7290呢!LZ 在发水贴!!

Got it! Unfortunatey, full setup (including loading my pictures) took a little over an hour, and it didn't even have an IT policy - - - I must be losing my touch

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    What happened?
    Mostly the cold-boot times. I think the initialization and the file-handle captures take a lot longer on this 7105 than the 7290. Probably because they share the same processor and the same OS, (they were even introduced at the same time) and since the 7105 is more "media" oriented than the 7290 the process just takes longer. That's my excuse, anyway - -