My company is mandating a policy that all corporate BlackBerries must be password protected, but ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

rich2468 no está en línea Stack level 2

Allow outgoing calls when locked?

Advertisement

My company is mandating a policy that all corporate BlackBerries must be password protected, but that "allow outgoing calls when locked" is enabled. My Verizon 7130e does not show that as an option under Security Options- General Settings. I am using version OS 4.1.0.359.
    Does anyone know if this is an issue with the 7130, with the OS version that I am using, or with the IT policy pushed to my BlackBerry? Thanks.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Allow outgoing calls when locked?

I was under the assumption that this feature was only available on the 4.2 Operating System devices...But I may be wrong...I have it on the 4.2 OS and I am not on BES, I am on BIS.

Thanks, N8..but that doesn't seem to be it. I have found a coworker who has an earlier version of 4.1 and does have the option. I do not know if we are on different BES servers yet; it's possible that there different security policies enabled.

Any other ideas?

Update: "allow outgoing calls when locked" became an option on my BlackBerry as soon as it received the push from my RIM BES to require a password...so this was security policy related.