Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I use Outlook contacts to synch with my 7100i. This has been working well until ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Steve B no está en línea Stack level 1

Address Book Limit?

Advertisement

I use Outlook contacts to synch with my 7100i. This has been working well until today. I now have 629 contacts. Now when I synch I keep getting an error message around the 600th address.

"Unable to write or update application data"

Does this mean I've reached the limit? Is there a way to free up space to allow more contacts? I've deleted a bunch of e-mails, but that didn't make a difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've gotten to where I rely on the contacts a great deal!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Address Book Limit?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It is possible to have way more contacts than that, there is probably something wrong with one of your contacts. Check them and see if the names are in the right spot, etc...

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

I also wonder of the BB is full of other applications and the memory is full.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

you can have as many contacts as you want, as long as you have free memory. not sure why your getting that........

Great news. I was able to free up a bunch of memory based on some things I learned on another thread and I was able to get the synch completed.

Here is what I am using my BB for - maybe you can tell me if it is a good long term plan. I am the owner of a company that sells to small businesses. I add the basic contact information on each business that I call on. But, I also add a few sentences about each visit in the Contact section that allows free form typing. I have an employee that makes telephone calls - and she also logs a quick summary of each conversation. When my BB is synched up - I have the whole history at my fingertips. This has been an awesome tool - because I can look at my notes on my BB before walking in and making a repeat sales call. I have accumulated over 600 contacts so far - and I expect this number will continue to grow into the 2 or 3 thousand range within the next several months. My current memory status (after the purging I did last night) is "File Free 48,678,856 Bytes".

Is this a good long term plan for the contacts section of the Blackberry. Or, is there another tool out there that would be better for this purpose.

Thanks for the help!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Sounds great to me...or you could use a date planner, but that would end up the size of a phonebook at your rate
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Good to know. I got 300+ and growing.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

There is always a private web database when the BB gets too full. LOL

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Steve B, Welcome to PinStack.

With that much free memory, you shouldn't have any problem with your contacts, even with using the notes section. Just remember to so a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) periodically to get rid of the garbage memory.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Great tip on the cold re-boot. I would have never thought to do that.

Thanks to everyone - I'm glad I found this place!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

so its all taken care of?

let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Well - it worked a couple times after I cleaned up some memory. But, I have the same problem again this morning. Same message -

"Unable to write or update application data"

Any other thoughts? I do have someone else doing some data entry for me and she doesn't always put the data in the correct place - but, I can't imagine that would cause a problem like this? Could it?

I was able to solve the problem again with another cold re-boot.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Did you try ALT+LG+LG that cleans up mem space; and go to your browser press TW while in Bookmark section press TW select options scroll down select cache operation clear all contents; also go to Msg inbox press TW select view folder when that opens up clean up all your folders after all this is done, then do a hard reset; After all is done back up bb via desktop...Free up a whole lot of mem that way 2!! I do it at least 2x a week!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Thanks Butterfly2. That sounds like great advice .... but, I don't know what most of it means. What is an "LG" and a "TW". Is there a decoder ring? Sorry - just don't know all the terminology yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast