On my 7105t from t-mobile running 4.1.0.309 i do not have the option to use ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Question Address Book as convenience key

Advertisement

On my 7105t from t-mobile running 4.1.0.309 i do not have the option to use the address book as the convenience key. i have three different browser options, but none for the address book. everything else appears to be listed including options, calendar, heck even keyboard lock is listed.

Anyone know how to get the address book in the list for convenience keys? i've re-sent my service books, but that didn't help.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Address Book as convenience key

that's how I want my 8700g setup also when i get it Friday or Monday

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

A coworker has the address book as an option on his 8700 from cingular. What gives? Why would t-mobile not have that as an option? What am I missing?

My address book works perfectly so I don't think it's a problem with the app on the device.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Go to Settings -> Screen/Keyboard -> Convienence key
    You have the front and side to choose from, and you should be able to set either of them to whatever you want.

As an aside, if you hold down the green Send key, it will bring up the address book.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

That's good info. I like the holding down the send key to call from the address book.

My problem is that when I go to assign the address book to the convenience key, it's not an option listed. I have all of the other apps and functions listed, but I don't have the address book in the list.

I'm stumped.

penk no está en línea Stack level 3

another option

using the Zen theme (with Cingular apps 4.1.0.292 or prior) on a 710Xn device creates a shortcut to the Address Book via the ?AS key.

the .OP key will open Options and the ,L key opens the Calendar.

not a bad feature, really, as this can keep the home screen icons open to more possibilities.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Ok, I have 8700 on Tmo... I don't see address book as an option for the convience key either.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

"Ok, I have 8700 on Tmo... I don't see address book as an option for the convience key either."

-What gives then with t-mobile and the address book?

"using the Zen theme (with Cingular apps 4.1.0.292 or prior) on a 710Xn device creates a shortcut to the Address Book via the ?AS key."

- I guess I'll try the Zen theme and see where that gets me. I did miss the shorcut keys when switching from my 7230 to the 7105.