Hello All, Curious as to whether or not it is possible to have both the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

rikkster no está en línea Stack level 1

Question ActiveSync & BB Desktop Mgr. Compatibility?

Advertisement

Hello All,

Curious as to whether or not it is possible to have both the Blackberry Device and Desktop Manager installed and running alongside with ActiveSync 4.5 for a Pocket PC device on my desktop PC. Does anyone know of any conflicts or incompatibility issues arising from running the two synchronization applications either simultaneously or by themselves?

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Re: ActiveSync & BB Desktop Mgr. Compatibility?

That's a good question, i don't have an exact answer but im pretty sure that you would be able to get both work, now working together i don't know. Im pretty sure your using microsoft outlook to sync with both phones. Im pretty sure in the end both phones would have the same information, for example if you hooked your windows mobile phone up and had a sync with outlook it would, you know, transfer info both ways, then after that, hook up your blackberry and it would do the same transfer in of both ways. adding contacts and calender dates on both phones, so in the end both of your phones would be in sync with your computer.

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

Sure, I have AS and BB's DM on my work lappy and my personal lappy. I sync my Dell Axim and my Pearl to both You just have to be careful what you are syncing, which one overides conflicts etc.

I'm actually moving more to the BB, using Google Calendar, the Google sync and GSyncIt to sync my the calendars on the laptops and my BB. The Ax is a great toy and more for entertainment now and WiFi browsing.

Awesome! I'll give it a go and report back if I encounter any problems. I am going to try syncing my pocket PC (a Garmin iQue M5) with BB's Desktop Manager first, if that fails, it'll be back to ActiveSync 4.5... Thank you all for your helpful input.

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rikkster View Post
    Awesome! I'll give it a go and report back if I encounter any problems. I am going to try syncing my pocket PC (a Garmin iQue M5) with BB's Desktop Manager first, if that fails, it'll be back to ActiveSync 4.5... Thank you all for your helpful input.
    I do not think that's possible.

Maybe you misunderstood my post. AS syncs my Axim, DMsyncs my BB.

Yes you are correct in the misunderstanding, I am able to transfer data with the Pocket PC to the BB 7100i using the Switch Device Wizard and not much else. BUT, the two programs AS and BB Desktop Manager seem to be getting along ok on my pc, no conflicts to report thus far.
    Thank you for clarifying and thanks to all for the help. ttyl/ttfn