So, here's an odd thing. I just got a refurbished RIM 7290 (originally T-mob branded, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

tmbgman no está en línea Stack level 1

7290 can't compose SMS

Advertisement

So, here's an odd thing. I just got a refurbished RIM 7290 (originally T-mob branded, but using with ATT), everything seems to be working fine except I can't find an option in the messages list to compose an SMS. In fact, for the life of me, I can't seem to send or reply to an SMS.

ATT and RIM were equally unhelpful, so I thought I would ask you, the internet.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 7290 can't compose SMS

I'd tried reinstalling the carriers latest os for the 7290 and then resending the services books to see if that works. Just out of curiosity, do you have a BB data plan set up with the 7290 or are you using it for phone and sms services only?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Re: 7290 can't compose SMS

Quote Originally Posted by tmbgman View Post
    So, here's an odd thing. I just got a refurbished RIM 7290 (originally T-mob branded, but using with ATT), everything seems to be working fine except I can't find an option in the messages list to compose an SMS. In fact, for the life of me, I can't seem to send or reply to an SMS.

ATT and RIM were equally unhelpful, so I thought I would ask you, the internet.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Try a couple of things: Go to Options>SMS and see if there is a phone number listed under "Service Center". Also, make sure that the "Network to Send Over" is "SMS". If there's no phone number, it's likely you have a faulty SIM that needs replacing. Second thing, make sure your contacts are in the BB memory and not just on the SIM, sometimes that bugs up the device SMS-wise. Next, switch to the "Default" theme if you're not already there; some available 7290 themes put SMS in a different folder, "Default" slams all messages into one folder. If those are OK, then try to access SMS from another direction: go directly to your address book and see if the option to SMS a specific contact is there. If none of this works, turn it off and pull out the battery. While the battery is out, press the power switch (bottom right-hand corner, with the little star) which releases any residual power, then put the battery back in and let the device start back up.

If none of this works, then it's probably a glitch in the OS. Use the JL cmdr program to wipe everything from the handheld, then re-load the OS. I won't discuss how to do that now, but if you get this far and the problem's not solved we'll be happy to give you details on that process.

Carey2717 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I experiencing the exact same problem as the original poster.
    - I tried all of teh tips in Mark's reply above and here are some notes:
    1) I can Recieve Texts but not Send
    2) Service Center Number Exists in Options
    3) SMS is not an option in the "Network to Send Over"
    4) Compose SMS does not appear in any menu (from messages or phone book)
    5) Tried the power down to no avail...

Any more tips? Can you elaborate on the JL cmdr program?

Thanks,