To anyone with any flavour of the 7130: Have you noticed the screen flickering? In ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Question 7130g Screen Flicker

Advertisement

To anyone with any flavour of the 7130:

Have you noticed the screen flickering?

In detail: Not that it turns on/off, but that the intensity of the backlight appears to flicker.

I've had my 7130g for just under 2 months, and I first noticed this about 3 weeks ago, and since then it has become more frequent and for longer periods of time.

No, I have not added any new apps.
    No, I have not installed a new OS not supported by my carrier. In fact, it's got the OS that came pre-installed.
    No, I have not dropped or abused it in any way (doesn't even have a scratch!).

Yes, I have rebooted and pulled the battery. (That occurs almost daily when I swap the SIM to use in a Moto V60 for cycling/going to the gym.)

Yes, it happens at all levels of brightness.

My dealer told me to call customer service and have them suggest a fix, or replace it. (I doubt they will replace it without a fight!)

Thanks for the help!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: 7130g Screen Flicker

That was pleasant! Less than 25 minutes from the time I picked up the phone to dial through to having the confirmation ticket # that I will get a replacement BB from Rogers.

Wow!!!!

I am surprised!

But after I explained what was happening, the rep didn't even suggest that it would be software or a reboot or some other irrelevant nonsense.

I am now satisfied.

And, there was also 1 dead pixel on the screen from when I first turned it on. It was kind of annoying because it was always blue, and it would stand out from time to time while doing different things.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

sounds like you may have ab bad LCD. Glad to hear they are replacing it.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have seen the "flicker" your are talking about, but never on my BB. I have seen it with many many other Sprint-Nextel phones.