I have a 7130e Verizon and people complain they can't hear me at times. If ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

sbhorner no está en línea Stack level 1

7130e microphone problem

Advertisement

I have a 7130e Verizon and people complain they can't hear me at times. If I shake the phone it works for a while. Does anyone know where the microphone is on this phone and if it's not a loose connection where I could purchase a mic. I didn't see one in BBshop.

Thanks,
    Scott

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 7130e microphone problem

My guess is that you may have dust build up. Try using those air cans to clear it out.

Have you tried to use a headset to make sure it is the microphone?

johnnyk57 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300c0eac

I'm having the same problem, it works fine with a plug-in headset. Where is the mic? Most other phones have a small hole near your mouth, but I can't find one on mine. (7130e-Verizon)
    I'm only in it for the entropy

obijohn no está en línea Stack level 2

My microphone went out about 6 months ago (7100t). It may have been longer ago than that, but I always use a bluetooth headset so I didn't notice it until the headset went dead one day. So I searched around quite a bit and found that other people have had the same issue with the 71xx series. Seems to happen around the 2-year mark if it's gonna happen. People generally report that it gradually goes out, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, until the day it doesn't work at all anymore. As far as I could find out, there is no way to replace the mic. The best/only solution after it happens is to use a headset (wired or bluetooth).

Funny, it's actually kind of a liberating feeling knowing that you can't make or accept calls because no one will hear you. It's like a mini-vacation.

Honestly, it's no big deal if you have a headset. The only person that's bugged by it is my wife, since she thinks using a wireless headset is annoying to everyone except the person using it, especially those looking at you while you seemingly talk to yourself.

johnnyk57 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300c0eac

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~update-i sent my 7130e to bbrepairshop.com, they say the mic is soldered on to the main board and actually gets pushed on by one of the keys. It can only be repaired ny replacing the board, but they were unable to locate one. I guess I'm on my own for now.