Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am having major issues with the 7130e. I am getting a new one sent ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

gtuorto no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30118b69

7130e Major Issues

Advertisement

I am having major issues with the 7130e. I am getting a new one sent to the office, but that is not for FOUR DAYS!!. I have wiped and reloaded it once and it worked for about 12 hours, now its essentially dead. i cant get it to boot at all, and intermittently the red light flashes 2x and 4x. can anyone recommend anything to do to at least get me to the middle of next week. Its a verizon unit, hooked to the corporate BES

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 7130e Major Issues

Wipe and reload it again.... Are you getting any error messages?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    30118b69

i cant even get it to recognize that its attached to the pc. its just dead, red led blinking 2x at a time

Sometimes it takes a little time. When I wiped my hubbys 7100t (my old one) it did not want to connect. Scared me to death. Though I ruined it. After a few times of turning it on and off it eventually picked it up. I think I actually removed the DM and reinstalled it too.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    30118b69

thanks - i am continuing to try. are there any secret keystroke tricks on this thing that can wake it up?

Not that I know of. Not sure how different the new 7130 is from the 7100. I would just pull the battery to restart it and try again. So if it makes you feel any better I have been there before. It is a horrid feeling... and it was actually my hubby's phone, which made it worse.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    30118b69

whats the best way to wipe it?

I did the good ol put the wrong password in 10 times. Its the easiest for me. I think there is a wipe option you can use too. Here is a post about it:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...highlight=wipe
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    30118b69

got it wiped and rebooted, but now its asking for an enterprise activiation password, which i dont have, and everytime i click on the phone or the email icons, it reboots. this thing has now killed 4 hours of my 4 day weekend. lovely.

Ok, now I do not have BES, I am on BIS, I am guessing that is something you need to get from work.
    My Blog , My Flickr

peluffo1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011c8dd

I am now on bis and haven't used BES for a few months, but from what I remember, the activation password is sent from the bes and is generated each time. sorry

peluffo1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3011c8dd

I am now on bis and haven't used BES for a few months, but from what I remember, the activation password is sent from the bes and is generated each time. sorry

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Okay. You have a few options.

First, the 2x blinking red light sounds like you might have a bad battery, so try swapping that when you get a chance.

Second, you dont necessarily need a password from your BES admin to get an enterprise activation going. This also depends on what version of BES you have. If its 4.0 or greater, you are maybe in luck. All you need is a computer that you can get onto your corporate network from, say a VPN connection, and the usb cable. After you do a wipe and OS reload, log into your corporate network via VPN (this is all assuming your company has vpn connections) and load up the desktop manager software. After you load up DM, plug the BB into your computer, and the DM should automatically see that your BB needs to be activated, and initiate an activation threw your BES.

Hope this helps!

PIN/ID
    30118b69

after 20 wipe and reinstalls i think i am at wits end. the device boots up, and gets back on the service, and even receives emails. But, it then reboots itself. If not initially, soon after the reinstall and the service activiation. It usually occurs when i press in the click wheel on either the message icon or the phone icon. it is maddeningly frustrating.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

I would say you need to swap your hardware out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast