Hello, I have a Blackberry 7130e and all of a sudden, it just sits there ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

IHOD2008 no está en línea Stack level 1

7130e Just Blinks 4x

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a Blackberry 7130e and all of a sudden, it just sits there and blinks the red light on the top four times stops for a second and does it again. Doesnt respond at all.Will not power up, will not connect to the computer. When i plug it in, the light is solid for about 5 secs then starts flashing. What does the 4x flash mean? I cannot find information ANYWHERE on this problem.....

Thanks!!

_Dan

IHOD2008 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7130e Just Blinks 4x

OK managed to fix it myself. For those of you who need to know, four blinks in a row mean that the phone is essentially bricked.

To fix:

Download the appropiate OS from your vendor and install it on your pc. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" and delete "Device.xml".

Plug in the phone to the computer. Windows will recognize it but Desktop Manager will not. In Desktop Manager click on Application Loader, check off "Detect communications port" and click next. Let it connect to the phone and install the software.

Thats all i had to do....

_Dan