Have a 7130e on US Cellular and been synching successfully for 6 months until yesterday. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

seanchayes no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7130e Internal Error #-814

Advertisement

Have a 7130e on US Cellular and been synching successfully for 6 months until yesterday.

Plugged in the phone to the laptop via the usb cable all as per normal, synch started and completed before showing an error. I looked in the rim.log file and saw:

Internal Error #-814.
    Translation Canceled!

This laptop is the only laptop the phone has worked with and the only user. It has worked flawlessly up until now. I've searched with Google for this to no avail and also searched this forum for the specific error number.

Any ideas, guidelines or answers?

Thank you

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 7130e Internal Error #-814

Welcome to the Stacks Seanchayes. Have you tried this more than once since you started having this problem? Does your BB still boot up normally (just not synching)? As a start, I would reboot both your laptop and BB (take out battery with BB on, then hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds before putting it back in). Also, have you recently changed the OS on your laptop?

I haven't tried the BB on, remove battery, power on 30 secs, trick. Is that desctructive to data on the bb?

There have been no changes to the OS on the PC - it's the same laptop I've used for months. I have tried synching each element only - tasks, calendar, contacts, memos and found that the error, when it occurs, is on the calendar portion only.

Thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

No pulling out the battery with the power on and putting it back in does not hurt the data. It's perfectly safe to do this.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Give it a shot Sean and let us know how you make out.

Tried that - thank you. The device synched with no issue. I have to admit that the device did occasionally synch with no issue anyway. But here's hopin'.

I'll monitor if the issue continues and report back in this thread if I can.