How about some of you lucky people that have the 7130e posting for the rest ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jwhite4304 no está en línea Stack level 2

7130e impressions

Advertisement

How about some of you lucky people that have the 7130e posting for the rest of us, waiting, your impressions of the new Blackberry.

Jimbo

noejeff0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7130e impressions

I ordered one of the BB 7130e along w/ an LG Vx8100 for the wifey on a Family Plan yesterday w/ Verizon. I should get it before the end of the week.

I had a 7230 one w/ T-Mobile that I used for over a year. I hope I can get used to the 'suretype' keyboard on the 7130e.

I'll let everyone know what I think of it

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I tried a co-workers 7100g and the suretype was actually pretty cool. I can see where this would be a time saver for those e-mail resonses while you only have one hand. It can cut down on the number of keystrokes considerably.

Ironically, the word I had the most trouble typing was Blackberry. Go figure.

I was impressed with the suretype. So much so that I may go look at a 7105t or try to get a 7130 on our corporate plan.

travelgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: 7130e impressions

Well, I've had my 7130e since last Sunday and I am in LOVE! Love it, love it, love it. I'm with Telus in Montreal and I really wavered back and forth with the 7130 with Telus or the 8700 with Rogers. I already had a 7750 with Telus so my decision to stay with Telus was partly that I was able to keep the same phone number and email address, but I also really like the look and feel of the 7130. I don't use mine for business, so I like that it's more like a phone. I wasn't sure how I'd feel with the Sure Type ans opposed the the QWERTY keyboard and although I still prefer the QWERTY, I am gradually getting used to the suretype.

One thing I've noticed is the Browser is SO much faster with EVDO. Wow! Also, the colors are so vibrant - much more than on my 7750.

The sound quality for phone calls has been really good on both ends, and the speakerphone is nice and clear.

I thought the phone would show smudges really easily since it's so shiny, but I haven't noticed any problems there.

Lastly, the tethered modem.....
    This was a huge selling feature for me since I travel a lot and I was able to test it just a few days ago. I was flying from Montreal to Vancouver with a long layover in Toronto (stupid snowstorms/cancelled flights!:ahh: ). What's a girl to do with all that time? Well, I hooked up the 7130 to my laptop, connected to my modem and started surfing! It was so much fun, and I enjoyed the sidleong looks of envy from other travellers. I set up the modem from home before I left - just followed the step by step instructions from the Telus website and I had no problems at all.

So all in all, as you can see, I am quite satisfied with my new purchase.

Ciao,
    Michelle

marakbai no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl
    Well, I've had my 7130e since last Sunday and I am in LOVE! Love it, love it, love it. I'm with Telus in Montreal and I really wavered back and forth with the 7130 with Telus or the 8700 with Rogers. I already had a 7750 with Telus so my decision to stay with Telus was partly that I was able to keep the same phone number and email address, but I also really like the look and feel of the 7130. I don't use mine for business, so I like that it's more like a phone. I wasn't sure how I'd feel with the Sure Type ans opposed the the QWERTY keyboard and although I still prefer the QWERTY, I am gradually getting used to the suretype.

One thing I've noticed is the Browser is SO much faster with EVDO. Wow! Also, the colors are so vibrant - much more than on my 7750.

The sound quality for phone calls has been really good on both ends, and the speakerphone is nice and clear.

I thought the phone would show smudges really easily since it's so shiny, but I haven't noticed any problems there.

Lastly, the tethered modem.....
    This was a huge selling feature for me since I travel a lot and I was able to test it just a few days ago. I was flying from Montreal to Vancouver with a long layover in Toronto (stupid snowstorms/cancelled flights!:ahh: ). What's a girl to do with all that time? Well, I hooked up the 7130 to my laptop, connected to my modem and started surfing! It was so much fun, and I enjoyed the sidleong looks of envy from other travellers. I set up the modem from home before I left - just followed the step by step instructions from the Telus website and I had no problems at all.

So all in all, as you can see, I am quite satisfied with my new purchase.

Ciao,
    Michelle
    Silly question Michelle, does the connector for the mondem come with it, or is that an extra accessory?

I'm interseted in getting a Bell 7130e

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

SDCromer no está en línea Stack level 1

The modem function is accessed through the normal USB cable.

jonbw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31837B64

I will have my 7130e on monday so will post a few comments. In the meantime I have done a lot of research on bb and decided to go with th is phone due to price(an ebay purchase to avoid Verizons ne2 and cost of phone)and it is very well thought of by most. I prefer a one handed phone and the Pearl is just too small.
    After I use it a bit I may opt for a different one but probably not with Verizon...more like at&t and the Curve 8310.
    This phone really has a lot going for it though and what I like about it also is that I can get it repaired for just about any problem for fifty bucks. That alone makes an ebay bb a good deal. I got mine for fifty bucks and it is a two year old phone in great shape so the guy took good care of it.