for some reason today, my 1XEV reception that i usually have everywhere stopped and my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

micohoe no está en línea Stack level 1

7130e EVDO coverage

Advertisement

for some reason today, my 1XEV reception that i usually have everywhere stopped and my vzw 7130e switched to 1X. i didn't know what was going on, so i turned on and off my wireless, turned on and off the handheld, yet it was still going to 1X. i have the most recent vzw firmware, and tried *22899. yet NONE of this worked!

i then did a reboot by taking out the battery and putting it back in -- low and behold, i have 1XEV again.

however, why'd it do this? it's really annoying because it's the first time that it's happened, and i KNOW that i have 1XEV coverage everywhere, so it shoulldn't be doing this. now it's fixed and all, but it's nonetheless annoying.

billytickets no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 7130e EVDO coverage

its happens to me in New Jersey I just think some areas are fringe where i live so it goes in and out Sprint EVDO rocks ...very happy with the speed

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Post Re: 7130e EVDO coverage

Quote Originally Posted by micohoe
    for some reason today, my 1XEV reception that i usually have everywhere stopped and my vzw 7130e switched to 1X. i didn't know what was going on, so i turned on and off my wireless, turned on and off the handheld, yet it was still going to 1X. i have the most recent vzw firmware, and tried *22899. yet NONE of this worked!

i then did a reboot by taking out the battery and putting it back in -- low and behold, i have 1XEV again.

however, why'd it do this? it's really annoying because it's the first time that it's happened, and i KNOW that i have 1XEV coverage everywhere, so it shoulldn't be doing this. now it's fixed and all, but it's nonetheless annoying.
    What's the reference to *22899? Is this some way of resetting your device through VZW?

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

Re: 7130e EVDO coverage

That happens to me when I drive by the Sprint Campus here in KC. You'd figure that we'd have some of the best coverage around.
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com