Ok, here is my whole story: I just got a BB 7130e off of eBay. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bettysurf14 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3013B90C

7130e email and browser problems

Advertisement

Ok, here is my whole story:
    I just got a BB 7130e off of eBay. The phone arrived and I did a hard reset right away just in case. That worked fine but I notice I am missing somethings AND somethings do not work. First off, there is the Enterprise Activation icon on my menu screen and I will not be hooked up tp a company network but instead personal use. I have no browser (world) icon any where on this phone nor any other icon for a browser application. I also cannot configure my email either. My service provider is Sprint so is this something I have to go to them with? Sorry to ask so many questions but I am really excited to get working on my BB and left a Treo to make the switch. I would appreciate any help!

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: 7130e email and browser problems

sounds like you need to have Blackberry service added to you cell account. That should get you the proper browser icon. The enterprise activation you can just hide. Hold the alt in and push the wheel at the same time you should get a hide option. Hope that helps.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

PIN/ID
    3013B90C

Ok hid the Enterprise icon and that worked...thanks! To get Blackberry service do I download it from Blackberry.com?

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

No, by "BlackBerry Service" he means BlackBerry Data Plan. I think this is about $45-50/mo from Sprint for Domestic coverage or $69/mo for International (world) coverage. Without the BlackBerry data plan (And its monthly charges) you don't get any data whatsoever. No BB Plan = No Data = No Web Browser. The BlackBerry cannot use Sprint Vision or Power Vision (or whatever your Treo had). So call Sprint and make sure they remove the old Vision plan if you don't need it (you won't on the BLackBerry) and add the BB Plan.

Once you sign up for the data plan, Sprint will "send down" new "service books" (snippets of code or instructions for the phone). When you receive these new service books, the Browser Icon will automatically appear on your blackberry handheld.
    Last edited by Aroc; 07-27-2007 at 03:39 PM.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

PIN/ID
    3013B90C

Awesome, that is exactly what I needed to know! I will contact Sprint and get it hooked up. Thank you