Hi I need help with my BB 7130e. I originally had trouble with the device ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

wellgo no está en línea Stack level 1

7130e call display issue

Advertisement

Hi I need help with my BB 7130e.
    I originally had trouble with the device (hourglass of doom) and I wiped it clean and re-installed the OS. All applications and sofwares work exept for the call display.

When I get an incoming call, the phone number will appear but it will not pull the name from address book in order to identify who's calling by name. However, if I check my call log, all the names appear as they should.

I thought this might be a simple setting at first but after playing around with it for about 2 weeks now, I'm starting to think there might be a problem.

Can anyone help with this.

Thanks

Re: 7130e call display issue

Anyone?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I see you are in Canada, wellgo. Welcome to Pinstack.

I don't know the answer to your problem but is this possibly something a Cust Serv rep with your provider (is that Rogers?) might help you with if no one here can help? It does sound like a simple setting problem initially but, since you've been working with it for a while, it may not be - or maybe it's the phone.

I had a 7130e before my Pearl and never had a minute's problem with it but they all have a problem now and then.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks for your input JBlack.

My provider is Bell. I've had another 7130 prior to this one and I did not have any issues with it. (Aside from the fact that it is not beer resistant.) But I guess technology is not yet at that level :-P

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

Check and make sure your content protection is not turned on. That will cause this issue sometimes.

A Nokia I had once had this problem, and it was because the phone numbers didn't match. In my address book, the number would be 222-222-2222; but the system would report it as 1-222-222-2222, hence the number would appear on the screen and not the name. However, I've mentioned this as a possibility in a couple of threads here at the Stacks and it ended up not being the problem, but it's still something to think about.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by wellgo View Post
    Thanks for your input JBlack.

My provider is Bell. I've had another 7130 prior to this one and I did not have any issues with it. (Aside from the fact that it is not beer resistant.) But I guess technology is not yet at that level :-P
    You'll need a zip lock bag for that one - I don't think they've made an Otter case for the 7130-size BB.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    Check and make sure your content protection is not turned on. That will cause this issue sometimes.

Yeah Baby! that was it !! Content protection option.

thanks Buddy!

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

No problem