Don't hurt me too bad here. I'm a newbie to the forums, and my wife ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kb0npw no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7130c questions

Advertisement

Don't hurt me too bad here. I'm a newbie to the forums, and my wife and I are both receiving refurbed 7130c units tomorrow from AT&T. I have read a lot about them to get ready, but still have some unanswered questions that I'm sure someone will be able to answer.

1) We only bought a voice plan. Will we be able to upload wallpapers, themes, and mp3 ringtones to the device using the Desktop Manager? If not, can these items be sent via an SMS message or as an email attachment, since all cell phones already have an email address.

2) On the mp3 ringtones, what rate is best to conserve space on the device, but still sound good. I have Cool Edit Pro, so I can chop them down and save them in any format and rate.

3) Is there any way to upgrade the memory so I can get it to hold more songs? I plan on getting BerryTunes for it.

Thanks a bunch. We are so excited to get these puppies and play with them.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 7130c questions

Welcome to PinStack kb0npw.

1) It really depends on the OS. Only devices with OS 4.2 can utilize the Desktop Manager Media Manager feature to put images and Audio Files on the device. There is a 4.2 version available for the AT&T 7130 so your are alright there. But since the 7130 doesn't have a media card you will be limited to 2.8 Mbyte Ringtones and not full songs. As to themes you can install them using the Apps Loader unless if they are created for Desktop Manager Installation. Those created for OTA installation will be a little more difficult but it may be possible if you can get all the files necessary.

3) No, that is a hardware limit and can be increased.

Can't help with number 2.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kb0npw no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the reply. I have really been doing my research and have gotten the device now too, so I have been playing around with it a lot. I already got the latest version of the Desktop Manager/Media Manager and Device software and have all those updated. I have successfully created numerous wallpapers and ringtones and sent them to the device.

I am hoping to figure out how to upload games, since I have found tons of those too. Is an emulator the way to go with that?

Had my hopes up for using Blackberry Maps, but I guess it pulls all the map data off the net. I can see the US map, but when I zoom in, the detail goes away and I see nothing. Went ahead and deleted that. I'm looking for a mapping program now. Don't need the GPS capability, but just the ability to pull up some maps and look at them.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yep, Maps need a data plan. Running without a blackberry data plan will limit your blackberry experience. As to the games, it really depends on how they were designed and what format the files are.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles