Hello all, I've been looking for information on this everywhere, and I'm not sure if ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

darkestembrace no está en línea Stack level 1

7105t missing task list application

Advertisement

Hello all,

I've been looking for information on this everywhere, and I'm not sure if maybe just my search skills are lacking, or what, but I can't seem to find a solution to this anywhere.

I just bought one of these yesterday (7105t), from a third-party company (meaning it was an unlocked phone, ready to just pop a SIM card into it). For the most part, it works totally fine; I've got it up and running with my network (Rogers up here in Canada), I've got it synching, everything. It didn't come with the original CD, so I installed the desktop software from the RIM website, and it seems like everything is working.

However.

The task list application simply does not exist on my phone. There are help files related to it, but there's no actual icon or application files for it. I can't seem to find a way to install this ... the desktop software tells me that there are no applications available for install when I do that automatic search ... and I don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions?

Re: 7105t missing task list application

Quote Originally Posted by darkestembrace
    Hello all,

I've been looking for information on this everywhere, and I'm not sure if maybe just my search skills are lacking, or what, but I can't seem to find a solution to this anywhere.

I just bought one of these yesterday (7105t), from a third-party company (meaning it was an unlocked phone, ready to just pop a SIM card into it). For the most part, it works totally fine; I've got it up and running with my network (Rogers up here in Canada), I've got it synching, everything. It didn't come with the original CD, so I installed the desktop software from the RIM website, and it seems like everything is working.

However.

The task list application simply does not exist on my phone. There are help files related to it, but there's no actual icon or application files for it. I can't seem to find a way to install this ... the desktop software tells me that there are no applications available for install when I do that automatic search ... and I don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions?
    It may simply be that your 7105t doesn't have the application. Sometimes people uninstall unused applications to save memory. Go back to the RIM website (probably the same exact page) where you got the Desktop Manager, and find the Operating System, OS 4.1.0.377. Install that on your computer, then run Desktop Manager and start the Application Loader, and it should be available.

If that doesn't work, then go to your Security Options on your device, the same screen where you can enable/disable the password. Check at the bottom of the screen, and if there is any mention of an IT Policy, then you need to remove it. After removing the IT policy, you should be able to access hidden applications (although I can't think of why a company's IT dept would block the usage of the task application )

Removing IT policy is detailed here: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

Installed, run ... and the application loader tells me that there are no applications available for download.

Security options indicate that there doesn't seem to be an IT policy.

Any other ideas? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by darkestembrace
    Installed, run ... and the application loader tells me that there are no applications available for download.

Security options indicate that there doesn't seem to be an IT policy.

Any other ideas? :-)
    Hmmm.....Maybe a previous owner hid the icon because heshe wasn't using tasks? At the home screen click the trackwheel while holding the ALT key (the key with arrows, lower left corner). If "Show All" appears on the menu, choose that and see if Tasks appears. If this doesn't work for you, I think I'm out of ideas - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Hmmm.....Maybe a previous owner hid the icon because heshe wasn't using tasks? At the home screen click the trackwheel while holding the ALT key (the key with arrows, lower left corner). If "Show All" appears on the menu, choose that and see if Tasks appears. If this doesn't work for you, I think I'm out of ideas - - -
    Nada. Only an option for "Move Application". I really don't think the application is there ... for example, when I use the "Search" function, it give me the option to search through Messages, Calendar, Address Book, MemoPad ... but not Task List. When I go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications, all of the applications for the phone are listed - but, again, no Task List.

I think if I don't figure it out by the end of the day, I'm going to hop over to where I bought it and see if I can get them to replace it with a different phone of the same model, and make sure to turn it on and test it out before I take it to make sure it has all the applications. Oi vey.