I just bought an unlocked 7105t yesterday from a computer store. It came with just ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Assassin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7105t issues....help please.

Advertisement

I just bought an unlocked 7105t yesterday from a computer store. It came with just the device, charger and a usb cable. Im on a Rogers plan, phone only....just so you know, this is my first blackberry, so i know jack about them.

My main concern rite now is getting a hold of a desktop manager. I downloaded the latest one (4.2 SP2) from the blackberry site, but i had some trouble with it. First of all, its a pain to get my desktop to detect the device. It seems i have to use a new usb port each time. For example, i'll plug the usb cable into Usb port #1....but then if i remove the device and plug it back in, the desktop wont detect it. However, if i then remove the cable and plug it into usb port #2, it'll detect it rite away....but once i take it out, the same problem occurs. I dont know if its the device, or the cable or what....but im running out of usb ports.

Secondly, once i got the desktop manager to detect the device the first time, i tried the media manager as i wanted to use a custom ringtone instead of the built in ones.....but even though the desktop manager said the device was connected, the Roxio media manager said it coulnd't detect the device.

I've since uninstalled the v4.2 and installed v4.0.33 (my 7105t has 4.0.2.69, platform1.8.0.142) hoping it would work better...but the usb problem still occurs, and this one doesn't have a media manager or anything that'll let me transfer audio files/pictures.

Sooo......to summarize, here's what i need to know:

1. what's the proper desktop manager version that i need for the 7105t and where can i get it? Also, are there any other software packages that i should get.

2. Is it even possible to transfer audio/video files onto a 7105t? If yes, how?

3. Why is the usb problem occuring, and what can i do to solve it. Is it just an issue with the cable or the device itself?

Thanx alot for the help...and sorry for the giant post

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7105t issues....help please.

1. what's the proper desktop manager version that i need for the 7105t and where can i get it? Also, are there any other software packages that i should get.
    You can use any Desktop Manager, however 4.2 is the ideal since you can utilize all the feature of that version.

2. Is it even possible to transfer audio/video files onto a 7105t? If yes, how?
    Yes it is possible, not with Desktop Manager, but check here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...data_plan.html

3. Why is the usb problem occuring, and what can i do to solve it. Is it just an issue with the cable or the device itself?
    Try it again, even a different port.

Thanx alot for the help...and sorry for the giant post
    No worries, welcome to pinstack!

Assassin no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7105t issues....help please.

Thanx alot for the info. From what i can tell, teh ringtones are in adp format, but i can't seem to find a mp3/wav to adp converter.

Can the 7105t support other formats as well, or is it only adp? and it its only adp, does anyone know of a free converter (i've already checked out the Philips Mobile Tools, but it doesn't detect the BB and just gives me a "please wait" sign when it starts up).