hello everyone, i am having some issues with my BB. i currently am running the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

7105tuser no está en línea Stack level 1

7105t issues

Advertisement

hello everyone, i am having some issues with my BB. i currently am running the 4.1OS and it seems really slow. any ideas? im also tryin to get real tones for my phone ( the songs with voice) is there any simple way i can do this? thanks for any help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7105t issues

As for tones you can get adp style ringers, which can be found all over the web, or specifically www.mobile41.com/bbringtones...

Maybe you should clear up some of your memory, there are many ways to do so. Start by deleting all old emails, messages, calls, etc... Also, delete any apps you dont need...

7105tuser no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks alot cp, ill give this a shot

vfr750rdr no está en línea Stack level 1

I wonder if someone has experienced this problem. I can create a new group in my 7105t address book, and then select the menu option to "add a member" to the group. That shows me all the entries in the address book and I can pick one.

This is where the problem starts. According to the manual (and it works about one out of every 20 or 30 tries), I should get a menu that gives me a "continue" option. Choosing that adds the just-selected member to the group, and then I should be able to repeat as often as necessary. But, 95% of the time, this doesn't work (by the way - the 95% is a random number. Sometimes I can try endlessly and it won't work). Instead, I select the address book entry I want, but when I click on it, I get a menu with the following options "Filter, New Address, View, Edit, Sim Phone Book, Options, Cancel". In other words, a derivative of the menu that will pop up anytime you are in the address book and just pick an address at random. So I cannot reliably populate groups on the phone. I tried upgrading to the latest OS 4.1.0.309, but that made no difference. I can't believe this doesn't work in the code. I have to be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

When you are trying to add people to the group are you choosing contacts that have email addresses in them? Thats what grouping is for, to group together emails...

vfr750rdr no está en línea Stack level 1

That's the piece of information I needed. Thanks. I wanted to use groups to organize access to specific sets of people for phone numbers, etc. By putting an email address of none@none for those that don't have email, it now lets me add them in.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by vfr750rdr
    That's the piece of information I needed. Thanks. I wanted to use groups to organize access to specific sets of people for phone numbers, etc. By putting an email address of none@none for those that don't have email, it now lets me add them in.
    Glad that works for you now vfr750dr. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

p3rsmag no está en línea Stack level 1

Will the Send to Group option work for SMS? Am using blackberry device to send a lot of SMS. TIA!