hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my 7105t...I just got it (on ebay) and ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Markanator05 no está en línea Stack level 1

7105t help...

Advertisement

hey guys,

I'm having some trouble with my 7105t...I just got it (on ebay) and everything works ok and fine but the internet and tzones (tmobile web browser)...I was wondering what the deal could be...

also, a browser icon is missing from the icon menu and there are no "connection settings"...I've downloaded the blackberry software from the tmobile website but it says that I must first go into the "connection settings" and choose a connection...now I might not be looking in the right place, but it seems to me that there are no "connection settings"...should I be worried that I got swindled in the deal for the phone or do I have to do a certain list of things to get the browser up and working...

if anyone with the knowledge could help me out please....

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 7105t help...

Quote Originally Posted by Markanator05
    hey guys,

I'm having some trouble with my 7105t...I just got it (on ebay) and everything works ok and fine but the internet and tzones (tmobile web browser)...I was wondering what the deal could be...

also, a browser icon is missing from the icon menu and there are no "connection settings"...I've downloaded the blackberry software from the tmobile website but it says that I must first go into the "connection settings" and choose a connection...now I might not be looking in the right place, but it seems to me that there are no "connection settings"...should I be worried that I got swindled in the deal for the phone or do I have to do a certain list of things to get the browser up and working...

if anyone with the knowledge could help me out please....
    Do you have a data plan which is needed to use the browser? The tzones uses wap which should work with with basic phone service. Are you referring to the TCP settings which are under Options, advanced apps.

You could always wipe out the os on the phone and install a fresh copy.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Mark, if you signed up for a data plan (which you'll need in order to get the browser icon and surf the web, get email, etc.), try resending your service books Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Register Now. That should bring you the items you need. If you didn't sign up, you'll need to do that through TMO.

I do not currently have a data plan (yet)...but on my last tmobile phone, which was not a blackberry, I could use tzones (without a data plan), I push the tzones button on the BB 7105t and nothing happens...I'm just wondering what I need to do...

p.s. I realize to be able to "surf" the web, I need the data package...I'm wondering about the lack of tzones...and what not...thanks guys...

what is "TCP" and yes, it is under advanced options...it asks for a APN, and Username for the APN, and a password for it as well...

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

what is "TCP" and yes, it is under advanced options...it asks for a APN, and Username for the APN, and a password for it as well...
    This is only going to help with a data plan, so don't worry about it.

Instead check for the service book, T-Mobile USA WAP Browser Config. The service books are located under settings, advanced options. If not, then call TMO to have them resend the service books.
    Last edited by evilcaptain; 07-23-2007 at 10:47 AM.

I do not currently have a data plan (yet)...but on my last tmobile phone, which was not a blackberry, I could use tzones (without a data plan), I push the tzones button on the BB 7105t and nothing happens...I'm just wondering what I need to do...

p.s. I realize to be able to "surf" the web, I need the data package...I'm wondering about the lack of tzones...and what not...thanks guys...
    I've had this very same discussion with T-Mobile myself -- T-Zones and product downloads (ringtones, games, pictures) are not available from T-Mobile on a BB unless you purchase the data plan. I asked the rep:
    Why can I get a connection to T-Zones on a $25 Nokia with my current plan, yet when I do an upgrade to a quality BlackBerry handheld you feel obligated to charge for the same service? Are you afraid I may actually try to buy a desktop image or ringtone from you?

Quote Originally Posted by evilcaptain
    This is only going to help with a data plan, so don't worry about it.

Instead check for the service book, T-Mobile USA WAP Browser Config. The service books are located under settings, advanced options. If not, then call TMO to have them resend the service books.
    I looked in the service book...and there was nothing...do you know who I should call at Tmobile?

and anyone who has tmobile...what kindof data package should I get...I'm not a business guy who needs it for business meetings and what not...I'm a police officer, and the ability to send emails is a must...so if anyone has a data package with tmobile that can advise me on their data packages...I'd greatly appreciate it...

thanks again everyone, you guys have been a big help...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    I've had this very same discussion with T-Mobile myself -- T-Zones and product downloads (ringtones, games, pictures) are not available from T-Mobile on a BB unless you purchase the data plan. I asked the rep:
    why is that...that just seems downright stupid...frankly, it pisses me off a little bit...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I would get the BIS AddOn if you have minutes on your plan already like I do. Its $19.99 per month.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The reason a special BB data plan is needed is because that is what BB's use to access RIM's servers for connection to the mobile web.

why is that...that just seems downright stupid...frankly, it pisses me off a little bit...
    I don't know why -- I think it's that T-Mobile views this as an opportunity to rake in the $$, because most BBs are marketed to companies, not individuals, and the companies need the data plan! Doesn't hurt my feelings though -- I have no current interest in "T-Zones", the tmobile "shoppette"