Received a new "unlocked" 7105t and downloaded the latest Blackberry Desktop software. Able to sync ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

stim141 no está en línea Stack level 1

7105t Can't access application loader?

Advertisement

Received a new "unlocked" 7105t and downloaded the latest Blackberry Desktop software. Able to sync contacts, etc. but when I attempt to enter Application loader - it gives a device not found screen thats slightly greyed out.

New to the Blackberry world so ... any ideas? Phone is branded TMobile on turn on splash screen but is unlocked and works with my Cingular service.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: 7105t Can't access application loader?

Quote Originally Posted by stim141
    Received a new "unlocked" 7105t and downloaded the latest Blackberry Desktop software. Able to sync contacts, etc. but when I attempt to enter Application loader - it gives a device not found screen thats slightly greyed out.

New to the Blackberry world so ... any ideas? Phone is branded TMobile on turn on splash screen but is unlocked and works with my Cingular service.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Probably an IT policy is installed on your device. A company that previously owned your BB installed limitations so users could not download/delete applications. You can check whether your device has one by going to Options:Security Options:General Settings. (Note: some older BB models it's just Options:Security). If, at the bottom of the page, there is any mention of an IT policy, then you have one. A simple fix, though -- go here: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy and follow the instructions, and it should solve the problem.

No IT Policy in Security settings. Only have Blackberry Desktop installed on my machine and not the software. Will remove desktop and install the software first then load desktop and see if it makes any difference. Having some really weird problems with the unit. Left it on, left the room for about an hour and returned - showed a white screen no hourglass? Had to remove battery to reset it. Also having problems turning it back on once I turn it off for a period of time. Don't know if the battery is shot or something else is really messed up?

Quote Originally Posted by stim141
    No IT Policy in Security settings. Only have Blackberry Desktop installed on my machine and not the software. Will remove desktop and install the software first then load desktop and see if it makes any difference. Having some really weird problems with the unit. Left it on, left the room for about an hour and returned - showed a white screen no hourglass? Had to remove battery to reset it. Also having problems turning it back on once I turn it off for a period of time. Don't know if the battery is shot or something else is really messed up?
    Well, I was hoping it was the IT policy, but I guess not -- beyond that thought I don't have a clue. And now, especially with the new problems you've described, I really don't have a clue! I hope the problem is as simple as the battery. If not, you may need to just delete the handheld's OS (wipe it cleen so you can start over), and the Desktop Manager; reinstall DM, install a new OS and basically start over. I've never had to resort to that, but here's the link to the software to do the dirty work on the 7105: JL_Cmder 1.8.3 and the Desktop Manager should be easily uninstalled on the computer. Then, of course, there's the possibility that the 7105 itself is messed up because of abuse or water damage that it may have received before you got it -- Anybody else?

Thanks for the help. There is something seriously wrong with the hardware somewhere. Can replicate the power problem if I let the 7105 sit in manual off for about an hour - sometimes less. Press the power button and get nothing. Have to pull the battery out to start it up. When I do it goes though a full hard start. I think, but I can't remember if I left it on all night. Same problem - shut itself off and wouldn't come back on unless I pulled the battery.

The really weird one happened on Tuesday night - left it unattended but on for about an hour or so. Came back and saw a full white screen - no hourglass. Had to do another hard restart. Also had to do a hard restart during the day.

Would love to return it to the eBay vendor and get my money back - but there policy on returns is a PITA. Unless I want an exchange they'll take a 20% restock fee. Add the initial and return shipping charges and I'm looking at a loss of about 50% - so I guess I try for a replacement. If that doesn't work - will have to do a chargeback which takes time but at least I'll be covered.