Okay, I have a t-mobile 7105t and upgraded to OS4.1. Since then my Ramble, pictonews, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

7105t apps & OS4.1

Advertisement

Okay,

I have a t-mobile 7105t and upgraded to OS4.1. Since then my Ramble, pictonews, bbcorrector, bbspell or any other apps that want to access servers are not working. i get the dreaded;

Invalid Connection String: could not open tunnel - failed.

I wasn't too concerned and thought it was a problem with t-mobile and OS4.1. However, many other 7100t and 7105t users are not having any issues with connectivity so now I'd like to get these things working again.

I can send and receive e-mail, browse the web via the built in browser, use BB messenger and google local works for me.

I have my TCP settings set correctly for the APN, I'm registered and my HRT is in place as well as all of my service books.

Is there a setting in the options somewhere, or maybe something I need to include during the install of the upgrade? I'm really getting frustrated. It was no big deal, but now I can't let this device BEAT ME!

Any help would be appreciated.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 7105t apps & OS4.1

Ahhh yes I rememer also having the same problems and we discussed. Now everthing works fine again piconews, im+, Mobile SSh, Java Slide, Google local, bbtoday, bbcorrector, etc.

Whay i did, (donno if it's the fix) was that when i checked the applications using the handheld i notice two games were listed that i had installed 'before the upgrade' but the were not reinstalled and yet still were listed. (There were no icons for them and icons are set to show all, only showed up in the apps list on handheld).

So it seemed as if the apps remained listed but were not properly installed onto the device. I then removed all 3rd party apps using the DT and then removing the rest that were still listed in options / 'advanced options' / ' applications' so that my handheld was clean of all 3rd party apps. Then reinstalled them from scratch. Most OTA an everything worked after that. Very strange and may not be your prob but worth a try if not done already.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Re: 7105t apps & OS4.1

Good Deal. I'm back up and running. I had to re-allow the device to use :3590 and be recognized as a server.

???????

Apparently the built in IM clients powered by OZ had something to do with it.:ahh:

SUCCESS! I have all my goodies back including bbspell which has been awesome.

Thanks for everyone's assistance. I guess the thing to remember when doing the upgrade is to allow all connections. I don't use nor have an SMS plan so I disabled the built in IM clients. That was my no-no.

Thanks again.