Hi all I need help on 3 issues have recently acquired a 7100v hand set ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

gtamax no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

7100v unlock and config

Advertisement

Hi all I need help on 3 issues have recently acquired a 7100v hand set I intend using as a tethered modem I have just upgraded os to 4.3 uk vodafone

I would like to unlock to all networks first of all looking for guidance to unlock hand set
    Imei 354593001967658 pin 20343COB vodafone branded 7100v

Secondly not sure if this hand set has tethering capabilities can anyone help out on this point

Finally hand set is minus a browser icon and have tried mini opera with no success using various vodafone APN configs its presently a pay as you go vodafone sim in hand set normal voice and text fine gprs showing at top any help to get full internet config would be appreciated.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 7100v unlock and config

1. Find an unlocking service.

2. Probably. The 7100 series indicates "Rim Wireless Modem", but it has to be supported by your provider. Check with them.

3. You need BlackBerry Data service to get the Browser icon. If you're showing gprs and not GPRS (lower case instead of upper case), you probably do not have a Data plan. You must have a data plan to get and use the Browser. If you DO have a data plan, go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table, Click the wheel and select Register Now. If that doesn't do it, log into your provider's BIS site and use the Service Books --> Send Service Books options there.
    JerryD

gtamax no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: 7100v unlock and config

thanks i don't at present have a data plan configured to that handset (7100) but do have data plan on curve blackberry internet service unlimited plan

is there a way of having it enabled for duplicate e mail data only via existing account ?or would i have to switch device?

Raphael no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gtamax View Post
    thanks i don't at present have a data plan configured to that handset (7100) but do have data plan on curve blackberry internet service unlimited plan

is there a way of having it enabled for duplicate e mail data only via existing account ?or would i have to switch device?
    No, you won't be able to since you have set the data plan specifically for your BlackBerry Curve and not your BlackBerry 7100. You may want to contact Vodafone and see if it is possible to have the data plan for both BlackBerries.