I hope someone can help. I have purchased a 7100v from ebay. I am on ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

andyfee66 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201e93cc

Question 7100v On Orange Problems

Advertisement

I hope someone can help. I have purchased a 7100v from ebay. I am on the orange network.

I can do all the usual stuff with the phone, but I would like to use the internet. I Have installed the browser on to the phone, and to no avail cannot see this installed on the phone. So I have installed opera mini on to the phone. Gone through the whole thing of setting it up and, get the message about has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by you IT policy.

Also I have Enterprise activation, I do not want have anything to do with coporate emails etc.

All I really need to do on the phone is, make calls, text, use WAP, calendar etc. Nothing to amazing.

I hope someone can help out there.

Just to let you know as well, I am a newbie to BB.

Re: 7100v On Orange Problems

Quote Originally Posted by andyfee66
    I hope someone can help. I have purchased a 7100v from ebay. I am on the orange network.

I can do all the usual stuff with the phone, but I would like to use the internet. I Have installed the browser on to the phone, and to no avail cannot see this installed on the phone. So I have installed opera mini on to the phone. Gone through the whole thing of setting it up and, get the message about has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by you IT policy.

Also I have Enterprise activation, I do not want have anything to do with coporate emails etc.

All I really need to do on the phone is, make calls, text, use WAP, calendar etc. Nothing to amazing.

I hope someone can help out there.

Just to let you know as well, I am a newbie to BB.
    You need to go to Orange to arrange for this service. You installed the browser, but it won't show up as an icon unless you have a data plan from your provider. (The easiest way to tell if you have the browser installed and working is if you have the help icon on the start screen, and it works. Help will not operate (or even install, for that matter) without the browser)

andyfee66 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201e93cc

Re: 7100v On Orange Problems

I can put the sim in any phone and can use the data services on that, I have help on the main page.