hello All im new to the site and the world of Blackberrys,but i have a ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

MW
    MW no está en línea Stack level 1

7100v help

Advertisement

hello All

im new to the site and the world of Blackberrys,but i have a few problems with mine so hoping you guys can help me out.
    I brought a second hand 7100v which is in a another language i think it may be French but also theres a security code that i dont know as the chap i brought it from has gone off on his travels,is there any software that canm remove the security code and get it back to english????? and is this on the net somewhere for me to download???? i also dont have the sync software for the pc is this also on the net anywhere for download as i really want to get using the blackberry

hope theres someone out there that can help me get me up and running and many thanks for your time in looking at my thread

richardtalbotuk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20219BF8

Re: 7100v help

Is the keyboard locked and asking for a code?

I got a 7100v and had this issue and if you enter the code 10 times it will reset but wipe the handset of personal data.

If your near a decent mobile shop get them to unlock it.

As for the language can you access the option menus or is the security code screen blocking access?

If you can get into the menu screen then look for the spanner symbol for options and then select language or localisation option to reset to english united kingdom or united states.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Welcome to Pinstack,

As for the desktop software it can be found here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service..._4dot2_sp2.jsp

As for the language and security code issue, I believe that if you download the latest OS for the phone you will be able to select which languages you want on their and it should wipe out the security code.

Neved had to deal with that so i'm shooting blind on that one. Hope that helps!

MW

hello Guys

thanks for your help, yeah its asking for a security code to get the keypad unlocked which i dont know so i cant get the keyboard open at all,can you tell me where i can get the latest OS from??? im downloading the software from the link that you sent so dose this mean it will then sync with my pc???

many thanks again for your time

LPLPACA no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202DED1D

Are you running this on vodafone, if so I can dig out the link for you, am assuming so since you have the V model

MW

hello

its on vodafone at the moment but i want to get into the phone so i can get it unlocked to use on another network,i downloaded the link that was posted here but i still cant do anything due to the security code,anyone know how to flash these or has a programe to do so??? just cant get it to sink with my pc has anyone the software for that??? maybe the original software that comes with the phone????

many thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    hello

its on vodafone at the moment but i want to get into the phone so i can get it unlocked to use on another network,i downloaded the link that was posted here but i still cant do anything due to the security code,anyone know how to flash these or has a programe to do so??? just cant get it to sink with my pc has anyone the software for that??? maybe the original software that comes with the phone????

many thanks for your time
    Hi MW! Here's what you want to do. The security code on a BB is designed to protect the phone's content, and not the phone (necessarily). Type in the incorrect password ten times. Two or three times during the process, your handheld will ask you to type in the word "blackberry" to continue. After the tenth incorrect password, the phone will erase all of it's user information; passwords, address book/calendsar/task/memo/call logs etc. This may take a while depending on the IT policy and if "Content Protection" is enabled. I've heard of it taking an hour or so, although in my experience it's been around ten minutes. After it erases, it will ask you to set a new password and then confirm it. I don't speak French, so you may have to poke around a bit, but the next thing you need to do is choose "Options". The icon should have a wrench, or a couple of wrenches, something similar. This should produce a list; find "Language" and press enter. The first choice on the page that comes up is to choose languages, simply press the "alt" key and scroll to English. Press Enter to choose the language. Then press the escape key (the little button directly under the trackwheel) and the handheld will ask you (in french) if you want to keep the changes you made; choose Yes and Voila! English!

After this is all done, you may still need to remove the IT policy (or not). When you get to this point and the unit is still being persnickity, let us know! Once you get your 7100 up and rockin', you'll love it. It's a great machine!

MW

hello Mark

many thanks for all your help im into the 7100 and its reset itself to english automaticly so shes up and running with no problems

many thanks again your a top gent

cheers MW

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    hello Mark

many thanks for all your help im into the 7100 and its reset itself to english automaticly so shes up and running with no problems

many thanks again your a top gent

cheers MW
    You're quite welcome, and for you a hearty welcome to the Stacks!