Good morning everyone, Apologies in advance if this question is already answered! I have inherited ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

precesh no está en línea Stack level 1

7100v Email Adress Question

Advertisement

Good morning everyone,

Apologies in advance if this question is already answered!

I have inherited a 7100v, which I love, but I would like to change the email address of the device. I have setup the usual email forwarding of my pop3 accounts and removed the previous owner's accounts, all via the vodafone mobile email website.

However, the website does not allow me to change the email address of the device (which appears to be the 'primary' email address?), so I am still getting the previous owner spam on the blackberry.

Can anybody tell me if I can change this adress easily?

Many thanks

phil

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 7100v Email Adress Question

Only the carrier can get this changed for you. You should go in or call them on the phone.

Or, you can use the filter function to block spam and set the primary account to your personal email.

This is one more reason why the yourname@carrier.blackberry.net email address should never be disclosed but just the hub to traffic emails.

Let your carrier know that you've purchased the blackberry and would like them to removed the prior owner's BIS service and add your own.