I have a blackberry 7100t, which has served my faithfully for years. Recently my company ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

garsutra no está en línea Stack level 1

Post 7100t "SORRY ONLY EMERGENCY CALLS ARE ALLOWED”

Advertisement

I have a blackberry 7100t, which has served my faithfully for years. Recently my company issued all employees the new blackberry 8700g for email usage only. The phone feature disabled. When you attempting to make a call using the 8700g dialog box pops up stating “SORRY ONLY EMERGENCY CALLS ARE ALLOWED”.

I continued to use my 7100t for personal use. Recently in my haste to leave the office, I mistakenly synced my personal 7100t to my company’s outlook email. This in it self was not a problem since I was able to delete all of my personal contacts and notes, however, after I disconnected my 7100t from the sync cable I was unable to receive or make calls. The same dialog box stating “SORRY ONLY EMERGENCY CALLS ARE ALLOWED” which appears on my company 8700g began to pop up on my 7100t when I tried to make a call. The email and text messaging functions as normal but all incoming calls are directed to my voicemail.

I immediately phoned my carrier (T-Mobile) and alerted them of the problem. After speaking to a total of five individuals, with out resolution, I traveled to a T-mobile store and asked them if the block can be removed. Their tests showed that the sim card is working perfectly but the devise had reset it self preventing all incoming and outgoing calls. Their advice of course was to purchase an updated blackberry devise and thus sign another contract in the process which I’m not inclined to do.

Thus far I performed a system wipe which did nothing to rectify the problem. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is a way to restore the 7100t’s original settings?

Thanks!

Re: 7100t "SORRY ONLY EMERGENCY CALLS ARE ALLOWED”

Quote Originally Posted by garsutra
    I have a blackberry 7100t, which has served my faithfully for years. Recently my company issued all employees the new blackberry 8700g for email usage only. The phone feature disabled. When you attempting to make a call using the 8700g dialog box pops up stating “SORRY ONLY EMERGENCY CALLS ARE ALLOWED”.

I continued to use my 7100t for personal use. Recently in my haste to leave the office, I mistakenly synced my personal 7100t to my company’s outlook email. This in it self was not a problem since I was able to delete all of my personal contacts and notes, however, after I disconnected my 7100t from the sync cable I was unable to receive or make calls. The same dialog box stating “SORRY ONLY EMERGENCY CALLS ARE ALLOWED” which appears on my company 8700g began to pop up on my 7100t when I tried to make a call. The email and text messaging functions as normal but all incoming calls are directed to my voicemail.

I immediately phoned my carrier (T-Mobile) and alerted them of the problem. After speaking to a total of five individuals, with out resolution, I traveled to a T-mobile store and asked them if the block can be removed. Their tests showed that the sim card is working perfectly but the devise had reset it self preventing all incoming and outgoing calls. Their advice of course was to purchase an updated blackberry devise and thus sign another contract in the process which I’m not inclined to do.

Thus far I performed a system wipe which did nothing to rectify the problem. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is a way to restore the 7100t’s original settings?

Thanks!
    I think your company's IT policy, which prevents your 8700g from making anything but emergency calls, was put on your 7100. Go to your Options:Security:Security Options (the same page where you can enable/disable passwords) and scroll to the bottom. If there's an IT policy attached, it will be mentioned there. Remove the IT policy using these instructions: Blackberry unlock and IT Policy Help
    .Things should be back to normal.
    Last edited by reddog187; 09-08-2007 at 05:03 PM.

garsutra no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you very much! The instructions were perfect! I successfully removed the IT Policy and can now make and receive calls again! All is as it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by garsutra
    Thank you very much! The instructions were perfect! I successfully removed the IT Policy and can now make and receive calls again! All is as it should be!
    You're welcome!