I recently purchased a refurbished 7100t, it is branded for T-Mobile but I live in ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

thegreatme no está en línea Stack level 1

7100t question

Advertisement

I recently purchased a refurbished 7100t, it is branded for T-Mobile but I live in Canada and the phone was unlocked. a few questions.

1. I popped in my sim and it works, but it sais "data connection refused" but I can receive text messages and send, and also make and receive calls.

2. I dont know what software to download from the blackberry website.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: 7100t question

sounds like you need a blackberry data plan added on. do you have one?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

oh, and welcome to pinstack

thegreatme no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    sounds like you need a blackberry data plan added on. do you have one?
    nope, don't have one, I was going to use it just for txt messaging and phone calls. I bought the phone because it was cheap. I paid $135 for it so am happy with it so far, but was wondering if there is more I can do with it, I tried downloading the software form the website, I believe it was 4.2 but it did not work. Just wondering what I exactly need.

cryevisu123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I had the same problem, I bought a telcel phone and popped in my TMobile card; it worked but I got the "data connection refused" error messgae. I called TMobile and was told that I needed to have a bb account. I added the plan, and voila, it's works like charm...

Just interested to know have you tried to upgrade your OS? Any problems?
    -cryevisu123-

cheapbast no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatme
    I recently purchased a refurbished 7100t, it is branded for T-Mobile but I live in Canada and the phone was unlocked. a few questions.

1. I popped in my sim and it works, but it sais "data connection refused" but I can receive text messages and send, and also make and receive calls.

2. I dont know what software to download from the blackberry website.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
    Hi there... the "data connection refused" is only for DATA ie. email / internet etc.... If you want to access the internet / email, as far as I know, you have no choice (with Rogers) but to get a data plan / add-on. For Rogers, the t-mobile phone works best with the Rogers BB OS 4.1... there are lots of posts in the "RIM handheld OS" section which will take you step-by-step on how to add the new OS.

the main key is to find a file on your computer called "Vendor.xml"... I'll post a few thread links in a few minutes.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatme
    nope, don't have one, I was going to use it just for txt messaging and phone calls. I bought the phone because it was cheap. I paid $135 for it so am happy with it so far, but was wondering if there is more I can do with it, I tried downloading the software form the website, I believe it was 4.2 but it did not work. Just wondering what I exactly need.
    OS 4.2 won't work on a 7100 series since it's the new OS for the pearl(8100) and since you're a new user I would not consider upgrading OS until you get used a bit with the BB 'cause Rogers won't support any problem on a OS other than their one

And it's done at your own risk so be careful and do a back up
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

cheapbast no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by gwgaston
    Just follow the instructions, remember to find & delete the "vendor" file, and d/l the latest 4.1 OS file from Rogers, and you should have no problem!