I recently acquired a BB 7100t from a friend who upgraded to the 7105t. This ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 7100t Mic Question

Advertisement

I recently acquired a BB 7100t from a friend who upgraded to the 7105t. This badboy is great but has one tiny problem. The microphone on the handset does not work. When I dial or receive a call, I can hear the person fine but they cannot here me. This is also the case when using speakerphone. The previous owner says it just stopped one day. The casing is near mint with no evidence of a drop.

I thought I remebered reading on Pinstack, or perhaps HoFo, that this could possibly be software/firmware related. After using the search function however I can't find anything.

If it's hardware related does anyone here know where I can acquire a microphone?

I've been using it with a Jabra BT headset. Seems to work great but I would like to be able to make calls using the handset.

This place has been a great source of information!

Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: 7100t Mic Question

1) You can make calls using the handset then activate the headset after the call has been placed. This irritated the crap outta me as it was actually a hindrance rather than a plus when I had a Plantronics M2500 paired with 2 7100t's last year (if and when it kept the connection. It would drop calls, drop connections and be a pain to repair. It also would not pick up a call if my phone rang. I had to answer the &*#$!%~ calls from the handset itself. Found out it was an issue with the headset itself which was so widespread that the model was pulled). I actually WANTED the headset to answer calls, not have to pick up the phone.

2) Go here to get the speakerphone replaced http://www.bbrepairshop.com/parts-7100.html and select "Speaker phone speaker for 7100g/t"

3) The software upgrade only makes ringtones/vibrations louder.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-18-2006 at 04:15 AM.

tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 7100t Mic Question

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I get by using the bt headset. It's just a pain if the headset is charging and I receive a call.

The BBrepairshop said the mic is not a replaceable item.

As a phone tech for another manufacturer I found that odd. However I tend to believe them because I can't seem to locate a source through the usual channels.

I do appreciate the help though! You guys really know your BB's!!!