Hey guys, First off grat forum here, i've read and learned a lot just in ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ender56 no está en línea Stack level 1

7100t Key problem, help!

Advertisement

Hey guys,

First off grat forum here, i've read and learned a lot just in my first 10 minuets here!

I have a problem with my 7100t that i just bought yesterday. After a few hours trying to play round with it i noticed the QW! key and the shift (up and down arrow key) dont work in any screens. Normally i would think that the keys are broken but, im not sure, never owned a Blackberry before. Im just cecking to see if aybody else has seen this problem and if it is the keys that are broken what i can do (i only spent $20 to buy this phone used) to fix it.

Thanks so much in advance!

-Jason

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 7100t Key problem, help!

First off, I would say to try and see if something maybe is jammed underneath the key. Maybe blow underneath it.

If that doesn't work, I would try to reinstall the OS (hey, never know, it may actually work).

If THAT doesn't work, you can try and find a local repair shop, or get the parts yourself and attempt to repair the keypad and the part underneath it.

If THAT doesn't work, its probably a problem where the bottom of the keys touch the "board" and it's screwed up.

If you need a new keypad/keyboard, let me know...I have a 7100 in pieces right now.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ender56 no está en línea Stack level 1

im fairly confident i can dissasemble the phone myself, i just need some hex screwdrivers from work. I would appriciate the pad if you could spare. Also, would someone be kind enough to link the thread instructions for reloading the OS?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ender56, Welcome to PinStack.

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want is Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kurtg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3193694a

HI...I had this same problem with my 7100t when i got it. Half of my keys did not work. I took the phone apart and removed the keypad from the board and reassembled everything. Now it works perfectly. It must not have been seated correctly. Hope this helps.....
    Kurt

MrCharmz no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a 7100g, aboput 6-7months old, none of the keys work, the scroll at the side scrolls, but when i push on it nothing happens, i put it down for approximately a week and when i try at it again, everythign works for about 2 days, then the keys stop working again. when the keys are working, the phone operates as it should. i disassenbled it numerous times with no avail, can anyone suggest any suggestions for resolution to my lil problem?