i bought this phone at a local computer store its from t-mobile. i am using ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

james111 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7100t device problems

Advertisement

i bought this phone at a local computer store its from t-mobile. i am using it with rogers. something happend it lost its device so i downloaded the rogers one.
    do i need the t-mobile one. if yes is there a way to get out of there website, because i dont have a t-mobile number to download it.
    thanks alot.

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 7100t device problems

Did you receive an unlock code from T-Mobile to allow the device to work on the ROGERS network?
    You also need to install the Desktop and Device software specific to your provider, (ROGERS). Check their website. They may just redirect you to the BB D/L site but better safe than sorry, right?

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire.../downloads.asp

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

if it's locked than i do believe you'll have to load t-mobile's os but 'm not 100% sure. If it's unlocked then you should be able to donwload your carriers os on their.

If you need tmobiles
    it's www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade

Hope that helps a little bit

yea mines unlocked. i downloaded the desktop manager
    ill try the rogers one.

okay i downloaded the device. when i go to desktop manger, i got to application loader.

It says "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your system administrator."

what does that mean i added two rogers device softwares. i cheaked on the about.

jickies911 no está en línea Stack level 1

hehe!

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by james111
    okay i downloaded the device. when i go to desktop manger, i got to application loader.

It says "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your system administrator."

what does that mean i added two rogers device softwares. i cheaked on the about.
    You need to install the "handheld software" as well before connecting the device. I woulld reload both the Desktop manager and the handheld software and then connect the device to your PC. It will redetect the device, (Im assuming you using Windows) and then you can go through the Application Loader to complete the upgrade. Good Luck.