All of a sudden my blackberry 7100t went dead on me. It's constantly rebooting and ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

missingyou99 no está en línea Stack level 1

7100T blinking red and rebooting

Advertisement

All of a sudden my blackberry 7100t went dead on me. It's constantly rebooting and blinks red. I tried wiping it with JL_cmder and reloaded the OS

But it still does the same thing.

Does it mean its dead...?

SBT
    SBT no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7100T blinking red and rebooting

Quote Originally Posted by missingyou99
    All of a sudden my blackberry 7100t went dead on me. It's constantly rebooting and blinks red. I tried wiping it with JL_cmder and reloaded the OS

I am having the same problem. When I turn off for the evening after an hour or so I caught the Red LED on and the unit crashed. Only way to turn on is do a battery pull.
    I have Tmobile so I upgraded the OS and Desktop to the latest they have on their downloads but problem still exists. BTW no 3rd party software installed. I am going to wipe and reinstall again today if no one has any better ideas.....

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by SBT
    I am having the same problem. When I turn off for the evening after an hour or so I caught the Red LED on and the unit crashed. Only way to turn on is do a battery pull.
    I have Tmobile so I upgraded the OS and Desktop to the latest they have on their downloads but problem still exists. BTW no 3rd party software installed. I am going to wipe and reinstall again today if no one has any better ideas.....

Thanx
    I'm thinking there must be some physical damage. Did the unit get wet or was it dropped? When you pulled the battery was the little box red?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am on my 2nd Pearl because of this same issue. In fact, I had to reload my OS just the other day due to this. I say its a defective device.

SBT

Thanks Mark,

Did a manual wipe from the handset menu. Reinstalled OS but after 5-6 hours of operation it crashed again. Did a battery pull and the handset powers up fine and operation is normal (for a while).
    The rest of the story is that I bought this on Ebay as "reconditioned". It is a flawed unit that probably has an internal problem. I have my original 7105t with a cracked screen (crackberry! LOL) so my next thought is to use the guts from my cracked berry and trnsfer the good screen from the crashberry..... will update thread to let you guys know how it goes.

BTW both my batterys have a red little square, is that the square that tells if there is damage?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by SBT; 08-10-2007 at 06:32 PM.

SBT

Quote Originally Posted by missingyou99

I changed my BB Dimension Icon theme back to the Tmobile Theme and it lasted all night without crashing, go figure. Will monitor todays performance and will update this evening.....

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Interesting, sometimes certain themes can cause odd changes on the BB's. I've seen this reported many times.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

BTW both my batterys have a red little square, is that the square that tells if there is damage?
    It's a little white box that turns red when there's moisture. I think it's the first thing they look at when deciding whether a unit is eligable for warranty coverage. Red=Wet