I recently purchased a BB 7100t off ebay and slid in my SIM card and ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

OsuStudent45 no está en línea Stack level 1

7100t and dropped calls / fade out

Advertisement

I recently purchased a BB 7100t off ebay and slid in my SIM card and it was working fine. I did some research on the phone, and realized I was running old software on it, 3.xxx something. Therefore i went ahead and went to T-mobile's website and downloaded the Desktop Manager and the New handheld software. Ever since I uploaded the new software onto my BB, I have been faced with calls that say they are "calling" and then just quit and go back to my home screen like i never placed the call. Or, I will be "connected" and carrying on a conversation and all of a sudden the person's voice dissapears, sometimes come back after 15 seconds or so or it will just "disconnect". Is there anyone to fix this? I thought about resetting my device to try to get back to the old OS but I wasnt sure.

Thanks for any help, I'm a newbie...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7100t and dropped calls / fade out

Welcome to pinstack. Sorry for missing your first post, do you still need help?

cp6169,

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I have reloaded the software from the T-mobile website and the BB website 3 times now and have had no sucess. SMS messaing works fine and the phone functions fine, but after upgrading from 3.7xxx to 4.1 OS i can not longer consistently make phone calls. Sometimes, when I try to place a phone call, it will say 'calling' and then it wont ring and i will look down at my phone and it will be back at the dialed numbers screen. Also, sometimes if I do happen to connect I will be carrying on a conversation and the call will fade out and I am faced with the error "radio path unavailable". Has anyone had the same issues? I have tried pulling the battery and holding down the power button for 30 seconds... no sucess. Also, i have pulled hte SIM car and put it back in and once again no scuess. This has been going on for about 4-5 days now. It worked flawlessly before i uploaded to the new OS.

Any suggestions for this newbie?

Okay... i used the "wipe" method using the javaloader and now, after reloading the software with the desktop manager I am receiving "device error 411". After some research, it seems that 411 deals with the radio. I believe it must be a hardware issue cuz I have reinstalled the OS like 10 times. Could this phone have possibly been dropped in the past, causing the radio gismo inside to break off or something? The device will power up, and sometimes go straight to the 411 error or it will work for a little bit but as soon as i dial in a number it locks up and delivers the 411 error. I have never been more pissed off at an electronic device in my life. I think I will be purchasing the little torx drive and taking this bad boy apart. Also, I have received the error 322 once.

...completely lost with this thing and wishing I never upgraded the software...