Hey hows it goin guys... Im thinking about getting a 7100i with Nextel service, so ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

5ive no está en línea Stack level 2

7100i User Perspective

Advertisement

Hey hows it goin guys...
    Im thinking about getting a 7100i with Nextel service, so if anyone has it thatd be awesome if you could post up a little review and if you'd recommend it. Thanks

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: 7100i User Perspective

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Howdy 5ive and welcome. Is this going to be your first BB? The voice and data functionality on BBs is unrivalled;if you need push email there is no serious competition.However,if you want a camera or MP3 you will need to look elsewhere. The 7100 features a smaller form keyboard with BBs take on predictive input called SureType. To anyone used to a regular mobile with three or four characters to a key, this will be a major advance. The 7100 is a greatdevice;BBs first shot at a small form handset.If I had a criticism of this model it would be that the 32meg of onboard memory will get swallowed quickly if you load too many apps. I'm sure this thread will attract lots of comment.Can't comment on Nextel service.

Conor

5ive no está en línea Stack level 2

lol im not new to BBs, it would be my 3rd one. I already have a 8100, but I'm lookin at this for the 2-way nextel service

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

The two way DC on the 7100i works really no different than other Nextel phones with DC. I've had several DC phones in the past and currently use the 7100i. I have no complaints about mine, it's worked everytime in the same fashion as the others.
    The speaker is much better on the 7100i than my prior phones.
    Another feature i've come to like with the phone is when using a bluetooth headset you can leave the phone on your side in the holster and just use the button to activate the phone so the DC call is a little more private than using it the open air.

If i had to complain? It's when using bluetooth with the 7100i in a DC call the phone does disconnect from the DC call quickly.

a minor noted correction the 7100i has 64mb of memory.

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

why not wait and get the 8100 with cingular it has PTT and is a much nicer BB " i think"
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Thanks srl, my 7100x had 32 and I just assumed...