OK, some will remember that I've been waffleing about upgrading to the 7100i as I'm ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

7100i took the plunge... Must have accessories?

Advertisement

OK, some will remember that I've been waffleing about upgrading to the 7100i as I'm a huge direct connect user. I took the plunge on Tuesday and now have a 7100i sitting next to me charging. Interestingly the box included a belt clip (that my dealer was interested in as she said they were originally sending some sort of holster not a belt clip. Additionally the box included a PTT headset so I get to experiement trying to create a PTT button with bluetooth (of course all results will be reported here).

Anyway, the point of my post today is to solicit a list of "must have 7100i accessories" So, what are the accessories that everyone uses most for their 7100i?

Also, does anyone use a bluetooth car kit with their 7100i? One that is hardwired into the stereo that puts the call through the stereo speakers and mutes the stereo during calls? If so, I'm interested in what product you used, how well it worked, and how well it works for direct connect converstions. I could imagine that it could be possible nightmare with stereo muting and PTT'ng all over the place. Any experiences with this???

Thanks,

Roveer

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 7100i took the plunge... Must have accessories?

some good options can be found here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cessories.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...r_reviews.html

and screen protectors of course.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 7100i took the plunge... Must have accessories?

yeah, screen protectors are key...

i got a pack of 12, each one is big enough for 2 sets once you size and cut them for the 71xx. Unfortunately it took like 2 sets for me to figure out how to do it without getting bubbles and edges that don't stick right.

bbtoys no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I found a nifty auxiliary charger made by energizer. It comes with two AA lithium batteries initially and can charge a BB something like 10 times or allow constant use of the BB for hours at a time. Great if you're a camper or like to take the Harley out for days at a time. 8^)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    bbtoys, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the information. Have you actually used it with your BB yet? are the numbers you give from experience? Just making sure.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID

energi to go

I've only used it 4 times so far, so I can't support the manufacturers claim of 10 or more charges. I did use it to charge the bb while surfing the net for an hour or so.. it charged back to 100% in about 75 minutes. (I'm sure level of discharge and integrity of both the bb and charger batteries would affect these times)

Anyway, when I saw it nestled among a host of nokia chargers, the "mini usb" jumped out at me.... then the under $20 pricetag. Yeah, I need that.

whoops --- i put a picture of it above, but the system will not allow a save.

PIN/ID
    Update

I only got 5 full charges with the lithium batteries supplied with the unit. Later I swapped in a pair of alkaline to see what they would do and only got 1 charge! before the charger shut down. I went back to the instruction sheet to see what was going on and realized I had misread.
    They claim up to 9 hrs. talking time on some phones when using the lithium type batteries and that charging will vary by phone. Still a handy accessory to have in your kit.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Thanks for the update.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles