Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got it yea thanks again... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

7100iman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7100i Real Music Ringtones?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got it yea thanks again

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Your very welcome....now you can view pinstack.com easily from your BB no matter where you are!

ashlena no está en línea Stack level 1

anyway to get ringtones via USB?

autoquick no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20330CBA

Quote Originally Posted by ashlena
    anyway to get ringtones via USB?
    Got this from another thread - You need to download the Blackberry JDE (86Mb) and Blackberry simulators (43Mb). And you have to be PC savvy. Your PC needs to be connected to the internet for the MDS to communicate.

0) Connect BB to computer
    1) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from your real Blackberry, then disconnect
    2) Download/Install the Blackberry JDE
    3) Start the MDS Simulator (Part of the Blackberry JDE)
    4) Start the BB Simulator (probably best to choose your specific model)
    5) Simulate a USB connection
    6) Restore the back up from 1) to the simulated BB
    7) Surf to the web site that has your ringtone in the BB Browser on the simulation then save it
    8) Perform a selective backup with Desktop Manager, saving only Content Space from the simulated BB
    9) Disconnect/Close the simulated BB
    10) Connect your real BB
    11) Use Desktop Manager to perform a selected restore of the saved Content Space from 8)
    12) Go to Profiles>Show Tone and find your new content!

Also works for pictures

This is great for those who got a unlocked Blackberry and used a SIM chip from another phone service.

Daniel1 no está en línea Stack level 1

yes there is just google mp3 to wav converters

camran no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4019B407

Hey auto where can i download that at the blackberry jde and the simulator
    CaM

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

camran, you can find those on the Blackberry Developers Site.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sstone66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40196CF2

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Unfortunately the 7100i does not support mp3 or wav ringtones. Only midi. Sorry.
    i just updated my os to the newest version out and it supports wav files now as ringtones a good site i heard about from the stacks is http://www.mobile41.com if you point your bb browser to it you should be able to look and hear the ringers but you need the newest version of the os.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks sstone66, been a while since I posted that and now I realize the 7100i does play wav. Coincidentally I happen to know the person that creates all the ringtones for www.mobile41.com, hes a great guy.

matt-g12 no está en línea Stack level 1

i've got a blackberry 7100t and i am wondering if i need a driver for it and where i can find the program for my pc so i can put mp3 on it if i can.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello there, welcome to pinstack. Your BB wont accept mp3 ringtones, sorry.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

yup it does play .wav ringtones. When i spoke with a nextel rep who has a 7100i. He told me that the latest OS allows the phone to play .wav ringtones. So, the first thing i did was find a free ringtone site to get one. And it worked. With no problems. I had it (my new ringtone which is biggie hypnotize) for about a week now.

tommegunns no está en línea Stack level 1

Ive been searching for days and finally figured out how to put ringtones on my 7100i nextel phone. Actually i found three ways. Which are all listed below.

1. If you have a data plan just go to mobile41 and they have a pretty large selection of tones. The 7100i will play midi as well as wav (which actually sound pretty good) and this site is absolutely free they also have a couple of 100 themes and wall papers. You have to go to the site on your phone for ringtones and on your desktop for themes and wallpapers

2. google and download the free program call phonepix caller id. This program is wonderful it allows you to install and play ringtones as well as picture caller id. you have to install the program on your desktop as well and it transfers all the pics and ringtones via usb cable.

3. download a ringtone creator such as mp3 to ringtone gold (which i used) than with this program you can take any mp3 (or any format for that matter) and convert it to wav. and than upload that saved wav. with a free upload site such as coolservice.dk and check your text they send you and enter in the code they gave you and waaalaaa your in business. This is actually my favorite method because ive actually uploaded tones as large as 2 minutes and they work fine as ringtones.

For the record ive tried all three methods numerous times and they work 100%. I actually searched forums for a whole day to figure this out. So i really hopes this helps somebody out.

Sorry guys I had all the links on here but was unaware of the minimum of 10 posts to insert urls if any questions please contact for links but theyre all pretty simple to find using google (same way i found them)

Right now i have a scarface theme and a 59 sec say hello to my little friend quote that i created myself as listed above on my 7100i and so far as i can tell using these methods as long as it is a wav file it will work

medicboxx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401D0A2A

i have a 7100i and tried updating the os and still can't play .wav files. Anybody have any ideas?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi medicboxx, can you please tell us which OS you have loaded. You can find it in the about screen in options. Also please try some of the wav files found here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ringtones.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12