Ok, as i understand the nextel version is the only one that cant play mp3's ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

hpfreek no está en línea Stack level 1

7100i question

Advertisement

Ok, as i understand the nextel version is the only one that cant play mp3's or w/e, i hear it can play midi and wav, but i know you can convert mp3 to midi and wav, so why wont it work to do that and then use a a ringtone? Dont care if quality suffers, but i hate the stupid beep poly w/e ring tones. I am going to get the updated BB sim tomorrow and up my service for the BB, currently i am using my motorola sim from my i730 in it but no web access etc will work and the culpret is the sim is diff then a rim sim. Anyways, is there anyway possibly to convert or do whatever to get real music tones on the 7100i? What file types does it accept?
    Ben

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7100i question

Hello freek, welcome to pinstack. Yes you can convert many ringer types to midi, and you said it best you will lost quality. There are many programs that can do this for you, just do a google search and you will find something usefull. But, no matter how you convert a ringer you will not get real voice ringers on the BB, sorry. ;(

Just in case you are interested here are a few ringer sites I enjoy...

www.freeringtoneheaven.com

www.tuneusin.com

www.mobile41.com

Thanks. So there is no way to do it eh? I dont see how that is if you can listen to midis on there, why couldnt you listen to real music midi? Its the same file type? Is there a different blackberry from nextel that you can that is simmaler to the 7100i? And thanks for the sites!
    Ben

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

hpfreek, Welcome to PinStack. I think it has to do with the number of midi channels availble. With midi, each voice has to have a separate channel, which takes up processing power.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Oh ok, yeah it is diff channels on midi, voice, and each tone though maybe with a little compression and some work it is possible, although a simple software patch would also work lol, guess i will have to play around with it, out of all 7 or so nextels i have yet to have one that worked 100% or capabilities to use real music ringers, i just really really want one lol. I also just love the looks and feel and capabilities of it for some reasion...
    Ben

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I doubt if it's just a simple software patch, each channel added takes processor through put and the processors already loaded pretty well in a 7100 device.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Well the other carrier 7100s are capable, but not the 7100i i have been doing quite a bit of reasearch and it seems to just be a software thing that RIM could fix but dosnt. But yeah i still wonder why the nextel is the only one why it wont work on...
    Ben