Coming from a Nextel i830 I'm used to the voicemail alert going off every 30 ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

7100i only get a single notification of voicemail

Advertisement

Coming from a Nextel i830 I'm used to the voicemail alert going off every 30 seconds or so. This reminds me that I've got a voicemail. So far on the 7100i I'm only able to get it to give a single voicemail notification (audible), and that's it. Then it's just a red flashing LED.

How can I get a re-occuring voicemail notification???

Regards,

Roveer

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 7100i only get a single notification of voicemail

Roveer,

I don't think this is possible, but you might try editing your active profile Notifications Repeat Option. Voice Mail Notifications use the SMS message channel.

I would think that would be very annoying. I get the notification and will either check it, or if I am busy talking to someone or doing something, and can't, then repeat notifications would either be inconsiderate to the persons I am talking to.

Just my thoughts.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Coming from the nextel world I find it a must have. I don't always get to pick the phone up (or off my belt) right away on each new voicemail. Having repeating message notification is a reminder that I've got a voicemail. Otherwise when I do pick up the phone I get surprised with 4 or 5.

Something I'd like to see as a option. This gives folks like you who think repeating notifications are annoying and folks like me, who think they are useful.

Also, I'm noticing the LED will light up my room at night sitting on my night table. Wish I had an opion to turn it off. This is software for gods sake. Give us a SDK and let us roll our own.

I just don't like having to accept interfaces that are underbaked and force fed because they wanted to get the product out the door. If they made a product which integrates a years old technology (nextel) at very least represent the interface that already exists (or give the options to do so).

This makes 5 or 6 nextel options that can't be replicated in the blackberry. I guess I either drink the cool aid or toss the thing in the toilet.

Regards,

Roveer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Also, I'm noticing the LED will light up my room at night sitting on my night table. Wish I had an opion to turn it off.
    Options, screen/keyboard, led coverage indicator.

Whooa!!! Finally a post of something I can do!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Nexthell doesn't seem to give other VM msgs in an alert, seems to come from the last call that lefy one (I tested this myself)