Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So if we get the service books on our 7100i phone, and switch to boosts ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

madmach no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7100i on Boost Mobile

Advertisement

So if we get the service books on our 7100i phone, and switch to boosts data plan, we can perform OTA downloads if Opera is installed (it is on mine currently) and for email we could just use Gmail.

Thanks
    First post

whoo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by tntheat05
    I got a BB 7100i on a boost premium plan, i get free web,free chrip,free night&weekends starting at 7:00pm,free text and 400 mins all for $49.99 a month,but you only can access the web through a third party browser like Opera etc.I also would recieve text message no emails though,for my emails i created a Gmail account and installed Gmail mobile software,then forward my yahoo & hotmail emails to that account and i would get alerted when i had new mail and i would open up gmail mobile and all my mail would be right there.At one point i was able to to do OTA downloads but when sprint/nextel upgraded there system it stop working i lost the service book.If you go to nextel's site create a mynextel account and register your boost simcard you'll be able to see the details of your boost account and you'll see that a data package is included.
    which plan is it that you have from boost, or which package is that. Its perfect for what i need.

*update i found the plan tntheat05 was talking about

now im just curious if switched to boost, will i be able to DC nextel and boost users?
    still trying to figure out these service books

jayberry404 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    RUKIDDIN

Yeah I'm Having that problem also. Another issue is how do I conver gmail file so that they can be loaded using The Desktop Manager.

PAM7100 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: 7100i on Boost Mobile

how do i recive SMS messaging on my blackberry w/ boost service. I love the phone and boost cheep service.... PLEASE HELP

jagtoys no está en línea Stack level 1

Would anyone be kind enough to send me the service books zip?

Thanks...

Brad (PIN 400932B6)

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    so i downloaded the mMail software...now what do i put the that says:

pop3 server
    and
    smtp server

i wanted to forward my hotmail email to this mmail thing..how do i go about doing this...

rk24bb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Last I remember Hotmail didnt have pop 3 access.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    so no1 else can help

rk24bb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check it via http://mobile.msn.com/pocketpc/ thru the opera mini browser. OR get the gmail app and stop using hotmail. The gmail app will notify you of new emails.

bledwards80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help with text messaging!

Ok I first want to say thank you to everyone who has posted here, it has helped me some, but I am still a little lost. I have Boost Mobile as my provider.

Here is my issue. I just bought a 7100i off of someone, I have added the Opera Mini and that works fine, I added mMail, and don't understand it at all.

My DC works fine, the only thing I would like to get working and then I would love this phone is text messaging.

Can someone please help me out in figuring out how to text message using Boost as the provider and the 7100i as the phone.

Thanks in advance!

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    ^^ LOL its hopeless man..i have boost on my 7100i also...the problem is me and you are unable to get service books which are needed in order to tex. rite now im current trying to find a way around that though. im think maybe use my friends nextel sim. im thinking to put his sim in my nextel, then call nextel n tell em i need service books for my blackberry, then put back in my boost mobile chip. its rough man i kno!im bout to upgrade cuz the 7100i is a peice of crap i think now.

tommyd2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f27d2e
    As far as I know, if you are using Boost you cannot use the oem browser.

The reason being is this, Blackberry routes all of its internet traffic through their servers. So unless you subscribe to a Blackberry internet plan and have a registered pin, ota downloads are impossible.

If anybody else can confirm this please do. Im not 100% sure but as far as I know nobody has a workaround for this, as the device is not designed to accept downloads from anything but the oem browser.

I have google maps working on mine but without gps functionality.

Opera mini works great except for the annoying lack of a copy-paste feature and an occasional "max tunnels open" error which a battery pull corrects.

Gtalk and yahoo messenger refusesto work for me and both return a "connection error 65 problem receiving data from server" message.

If anyone has gtalk or yahoo working please let me know what to do and also what service books they have.

Also id like to run bbmaps on my 7100i so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 7100i is a nice sturdy work phone and dc is the main reason i use it. But i have an at&t 8800 i use for a personal phone so i dont want or need to setup a contract with nextel. Boost is nice because with the 7100i internet is free and i can spend less than $30 a month for a very funtional work phone-walkie talkie.

tommyd2k no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f27d2e
    I just installed gmail and it isnt connecting for me anyone on boost want to explain how they got it working? I tried all the connection options but no luck

Lucian1685 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is OPERA and where do i get it?

I just got my 7100i with my boost and i cant email or text or use the web.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast