Hey guys. New to Pinstack and I'm hoping that someone here can save be before ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

biffcheese no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4013E3E8

7100i NXTl "Cannot Connect" requiring Batt pull

Advertisement

Hey guys. New to Pinstack and I'm hoping that someone here can save be before I give up, flush my BB, and go back to the Zack Morris brick phone. Help!

I often have to do a hard reset by pulling the battery because quite often (though only since the DST change) mid-call/surf/message the NXTL will switch to NXTl and any attempts at calling or messaging are rebuffed with a message saying "Cannot Connect" and the phone number. Though every piece of literature I've read thus far says I should still be able to make emergency calls, use the phone, and use the Walkie Talkie functions, no dice. Nothing will connect until after I remove the battery and the phone resets itself.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Nextel Tech Support, BB Support, and Account Services have been no help and seem only to be interested in selling me a new phone. I'm positive there's got to be a better (and less costly) solution. Has anyone else experienced this? And how would I resolve it?

Thanks!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: 7100i NXTl "Cannot Connect" requiring Batt pull

Your problem definitely isn't the BlackBerry, my suggestion, stay with RIM and drop Nextel.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Your problem definitely isn't the BlackBerry, my suggestion, stay with RIM and drop Nextel.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wouldnt that be great if Nextel wasnt the only carrier that had problems with their BB...

Anyways, have you tried to load the newest OS for your BB? Also, I know for a fact Account Service will give you a new BB for your trouble, as long as your troubles are noted in your account. Another idea would be to take it to a service center, where you can also get a new BB. RIM can send you a new BB if you are under warranty. many solution for you to try, let me know if I can help any further.

PIN/ID
    4013E3E8

I'm so over Nextel...

Thanks for the advice. Problem is, I haven't been able to locate the new OS for the 7100i, and for that matter, my App Loader hasn't worked properly since I bought the device over a year ago! Can you point me in the right direction there, as well? I'd like to avoid the service repair stations if at all possible, so I want to exhaust all at-home-fix possibilities first, thanks.

*Edit: Loaded the new OS, and now and so far, I haven't experienced my previous problem. However, over the course of the first four hours or so, the handheld has registered itself with the network 3 times, and the radio has turned itself off twice. Hopefully this will pass, but if not, should I Backup, wipe, and then restore?
    Last edited by biffcheese; 04-19-2007 at 08:44 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Keep in mind the nationwide outage. You should be fine from today on.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Quote Originally Posted by biffcheese

*Edit: Loaded the new OS, and now and so far, I haven't experienced my previous problem. However, over the course of the first four hours or so, the handheld has registered itself with the network 3 times, and the radio has turned itself off twice. Hopefully this will pass, but if not, should I Backup, wipe, and then restore?
    What new OS are you referring to?
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

PIN/ID
    4013E3E8

Smile Re: 7100i NXTl "Cannot Connect" requiring Batt pull

Upgraded from v4.1.0.136 platform 2.0.0.44 to v4.1.0.376 platform 2.1.0.46

Today, the radio keeps shutting itself off, takes a while to come back on when prompted manually, stays for a few seconds, then turns itself off again. Twice today it's made some strange beeping sounds, and then gone to a white screen prompting me to reset. It's allowed thru a few emails and text messages, but then goes back to acting crazy.

Also, it's sent me text messages just addressed "p" subj: Registration, informing me that my handheld has been registered with the wireless network. Again. 8 today so far.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

ah ok, that is what I have, thought I was missing out on updates, had me worried there for a second. That text message for the network needs to be dumped from the memory because everytime I see it, I think someone has sent me a text from my work or g/f and I may have missed it from earlier that day.

Any suggestions?
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

PIN/ID
    4013E3E8

I don't think you can turn it off, as it comes directly from your network/carrier. At this point, though, I'm just getting thoroughly frustrated. Cp6169 seems to be one of the more knowledgable users here. Perhaps she could shed some light on both our issues?