hi guys, I have been typing for years, and I can still crank about 85 ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kevinrea no está en línea Stack level 2

7100i Keyboard.. I still just don't get it...

Advertisement

hi guys,
    I have been typing for years, and I can still crank about 85 words per minute.
    I just cannot get it through my thick head, what is the purpose of the keyboard layout on the BB7100i ?

why would they change keys from the standard telephone keypad to something different that you would have to completely try and learn again ?

I just do not get it.

can someone tell me what is the reasoning behind this ?

thanks for your time.

Kevin

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 7100i Keyboard.. I still just don't get it...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the best way to type on the suretype key pad is to think every letter has its own key. So if you type a word for example hello you just hit each key once not twice to get the h. The bb will guess based of the combonations what the most likly word you are trying to spell. If it is incorrect it will have the other option below and you use the track wheel to choose the right one. So the key lay out is exactly the same as a qwerty keyboard with only 2 letters to guess from rather than 3 to 5 letters. I hope this makes sense

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i dont know how many words per minute i can crank out but when i had my 7130e i had it down to a science now i type real slow on my 8830

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i dont know how many words per minute i can crank out but when i had my 7130e i had it down to a science now i type real slow on my 8830
    I can type 80 wpm. However, if I take the time to use real words and spell correctly, I'm at 12 wpm