I just got a 7100i from my previous boss who is retiring. It should have ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

analyte no está en línea Stack level 1

7100i Certificates are for what?

Advertisement

I just got a 7100i from my previous boss who is retiring. It should have been removed from BES since he is leaving and the company is upgrading/replacing servers. Once I take over and the servers are online I will have it reconnected.

I just updated the OS on it to the current version along with the newest DM 4.1. I don't have any manuals so I found some online and am trying to understand some of the functions. I went to check for an IT policy under options/security and it doesn't say IT policy anywhere I looked.

I did see something I didn't understand though. Under the same options/security I see alot of references to entrust.net, equifax secure, geotrust, go daddy, verisign, etc. What do all the certificates mean? Do I need them for some reason or should they be erased?

Under application permissions I only have TeleNav. Should that be all that is there? Under certificate servers, it says "no servers" under all of them.

Sorry for all the questions, but I really like this phone. Its just taking a while to read through the manual to figure out what I need and don't need.

Thanks,
    Kerry

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 7100i Certificates are for what?

Certificates are used by secure web sites to allow access. If you need to use a Secure website these certificates may be needed.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

analyte no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7100i Certificates are for what?

ok, I better leave them as it, at least for now. Thanks,